Apr 13, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
The first period of Tampa Bay’s game against the Washington Capitals has been tough to watch for Lightning fans, but nothing topped an unlucky moment for Nate Thompson. This Mike Green power-play shot shattered his visor, leaving him with a cut above his right eye:
(If you want more gory details, SB Nation has them in bloody GIF form.)
Incredibly, word just surfaced that the 28-year-old forward will return to action during the second period, according to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune.
One cannot help but wonder how different things might have been if Thompson wasn’t wearing a visor.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6