Apr 13, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
The first period of Tampa Bay’s game against the Washington Capitals has been tough to watch for Lightning fans, but nothing topped an unlucky moment for Nate Thompson. This Mike Green power-play shot shattered his visor, leaving him with a cut above his right eye:
(If you want more gory details, SB Nation has them in bloody GIF form.)
Incredibly, word just surfaced that the 28-year-old forward will return to action during the second period, according to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune.
One cannot help but wonder how different things might have been if Thompson wasn’t wearing a visor.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25