Apr 13, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
The first period of Tampa Bay’s game against the Washington Capitals has been tough to watch for Lightning fans, but nothing topped an unlucky moment for Nate Thompson. This Mike Green power-play shot shattered his visor, leaving him with a cut above his right eye:
(If you want more gory details, SB Nation has them in bloody GIF form.)
Incredibly, word just surfaced that the 28-year-old forward will return to action during the second period, according to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune.
One cannot help but wonder how different things might have been if Thompson wasn’t wearing a visor.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5