Apr 13, 2013, 8:37 PM EDT
It’s easy to get annoyed by the old joke “I went to see a fight and then a hockey game broke out,” but the Boston Bruins and Carolina Hurricanes tested the limits early on Saturday.
The first period of tonight’s game featured three fights. While Zdeno Chara dropping the gloves would headline almost any card, let’s go ahead and post them in order, so you can really get an idea of the “narrative.”*
A little more than four minutes later, Chara scuffled with Jay Harrison:
(Apparently those two don’t especially like each other. Hockey Fight’s Encyclopedic database shows that they also engaged in some fisticuffs on Oct. 18, 2011.)
Finally, Gregory Campbell danced with Nicolas Blanchard with about 30 seconds left in the period:
It’s believed that some hockey was also played in between those bouts, but we’ll have to do a little more research to confirm those rumblings.
* Using the word “narrative” like you would when describing the plot of just about any Jean Claude Van Damme movie.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17