Apr 13, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
It’s been a tough season for Todd Bertuzzi. He’s played in just seven games for the Red Wings this year and he’s missed the rest with a back injury.
While he’s returned to skating with the team, he tells Ted Kulfan of The Detroit News he hopes he can play in any of the team’s final seven games this season.
“The way I felt today was probably the most positive sign I’ve had in a long time,” Bertuzzi said after Friday’s morning skate at United Center. “I’m trying my best to get back.”
On the upside, Bertuzzi says his back is better. On the downside, he’s got leg pain that’s keeping him off the ice now. Getting older sure isn’t fun. With the Wings battling to make the playoffs, a healthy Bertuzzi could give them a huge lift especially if they wind up in any pesky shootouts the rest of the way.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)