Apr 13, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
It’s been a tough season for Todd Bertuzzi. He’s played in just seven games for the Red Wings this year and he’s missed the rest with a back injury.
While he’s returned to skating with the team, he tells Ted Kulfan of The Detroit News he hopes he can play in any of the team’s final seven games this season.
“The way I felt today was probably the most positive sign I’ve had in a long time,” Bertuzzi said after Friday’s morning skate at United Center. “I’m trying my best to get back.”
On the upside, Bertuzzi says his back is better. On the downside, he’s got leg pain that’s keeping him off the ice now. Getting older sure isn’t fun. With the Wings battling to make the playoffs, a healthy Bertuzzi could give them a huge lift especially if they wind up in any pesky shootouts the rest of the way.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)