Apr 13, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
It’s been a tough season for Todd Bertuzzi. He’s played in just seven games for the Red Wings this year and he’s missed the rest with a back injury.
While he’s returned to skating with the team, he tells Ted Kulfan of The Detroit News he hopes he can play in any of the team’s final seven games this season.
“The way I felt today was probably the most positive sign I’ve had in a long time,” Bertuzzi said after Friday’s morning skate at United Center. “I’m trying my best to get back.”
On the upside, Bertuzzi says his back is better. On the downside, he’s got leg pain that’s keeping him off the ice now. Getting older sure isn’t fun. With the Wings battling to make the playoffs, a healthy Bertuzzi could give them a huge lift especially if they wind up in any pesky shootouts the rest of the way.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)