Apr 13, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
It’s been a tough season for Todd Bertuzzi. He’s played in just seven games for the Red Wings this year and he’s missed the rest with a back injury.
While he’s returned to skating with the team, he tells Ted Kulfan of The Detroit News he hopes he can play in any of the team’s final seven games this season.
“The way I felt today was probably the most positive sign I’ve had in a long time,” Bertuzzi said after Friday’s morning skate at United Center. “I’m trying my best to get back.”
On the upside, Bertuzzi says his back is better. On the downside, he’s got leg pain that’s keeping him off the ice now. Getting older sure isn’t fun. With the Wings battling to make the playoffs, a healthy Bertuzzi could give them a huge lift especially if they wind up in any pesky shootouts the rest of the way.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)