Apr 13, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
It’s been a tough season for Todd Bertuzzi. He’s played in just seven games for the Red Wings this year and he’s missed the rest with a back injury.
While he’s returned to skating with the team, he tells Ted Kulfan of The Detroit News he hopes he can play in any of the team’s final seven games this season.
“The way I felt today was probably the most positive sign I’ve had in a long time,” Bertuzzi said after Friday’s morning skate at United Center. “I’m trying my best to get back.”
On the upside, Bertuzzi says his back is better. On the downside, he’s got leg pain that’s keeping him off the ice now. Getting older sure isn’t fun. With the Wings battling to make the playoffs, a healthy Bertuzzi could give them a huge lift especially if they wind up in any pesky shootouts the rest of the way.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)