Apr 13, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
It’s been a tough season for Todd Bertuzzi. He’s played in just seven games for the Red Wings this year and he’s missed the rest with a back injury.
While he’s returned to skating with the team, he tells Ted Kulfan of The Detroit News he hopes he can play in any of the team’s final seven games this season.
“The way I felt today was probably the most positive sign I’ve had in a long time,” Bertuzzi said after Friday’s morning skate at United Center. “I’m trying my best to get back.”
On the upside, Bertuzzi says his back is better. On the downside, he’s got leg pain that’s keeping him off the ice now. Getting older sure isn’t fun. With the Wings battling to make the playoffs, a healthy Bertuzzi could give them a huge lift especially if they wind up in any pesky shootouts the rest of the way.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 0
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 19
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 12
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 26
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 8
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 42
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 42
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)