Apr 13, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Buffalo announced the signing of UMass-Lowell junior defenseman Chad Ruhwedel to a two-year, entry-level deal. This past season with Lowell, Ruhwedel had seven goals and 16 assists to help lead the Riverhawks to the Frozen Four. Of those 23 points, 12 came on the power play including three goals.
At 5’11” 180 pounds, he’s an average-sized defender, but with the shortage the Sabres have on the blue line after the trade deadline and with Myers out, Ruhwedel will come in handy. It’s possible he could suit up for the Sabres this afternoon against Philly.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54