Apr 13, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Buffalo announced the signing of UMass-Lowell junior defenseman Chad Ruhwedel to a two-year, entry-level deal. This past season with Lowell, Ruhwedel had seven goals and 16 assists to help lead the Riverhawks to the Frozen Four. Of those 23 points, 12 came on the power play including three goals.
At 5’11″ 180 pounds, he’s an average-sized defender, but with the shortage the Sabres have on the blue line after the trade deadline and with Myers out, Ruhwedel will come in handy. It’s possible he could suit up for the Sabres this afternoon against Philly.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39