Apr 13, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
Buffalo announced the signing of UMass-Lowell junior defenseman Chad Ruhwedel to a two-year, entry-level deal. This past season with Lowell, Ruhwedel had seven goals and 16 assists to help lead the Riverhawks to the Frozen Four. Of those 23 points, 12 came on the power play including three goals.
At 5’11” 180 pounds, he’s an average-sized defender, but with the shortage the Sabres have on the blue line after the trade deadline and with Myers out, Ruhwedel will come in handy. It’s possible he could suit up for the Sabres this afternoon against Philly.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 15
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10