Apr 13, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Buffalo announced the signing of UMass-Lowell junior defenseman Chad Ruhwedel to a two-year, entry-level deal. This past season with Lowell, Ruhwedel had seven goals and 16 assists to help lead the Riverhawks to the Frozen Four. Of those 23 points, 12 came on the power play including three goals.
At 5’11” 180 pounds, he’s an average-sized defender, but with the shortage the Sabres have on the blue line after the trade deadline and with Myers out, Ruhwedel will come in handy. It’s possible he could suit up for the Sabres this afternoon against Philly.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5