Apr 13, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
By now you know Edmonton’s Ales Hemsky is a guy who gets hurt often. What you may not know, however, is he’s also apparently tougher than you’d think.
Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal reports Hemsky will miss the Oilers’ next three games with a foot injury he’s been playing through for the last 15 games.
“I don’t want to make any excuses, but it’s been a struggle,” Hemsky said. “I’ll take a week and try (to) regroup and get ready for next week. Hopefully.
“I’ve taken a lot of pills and a couple of shots, but nothing really helped.”
Anyone want to question his toughness now? With the Oilers six points out of a playoff spot with eight games left to play, you can’t blame the guy for trying to stick it out. Now it’s truly up to the kids in Edmonton to see if they can help make that final push for the postseason.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 1
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 33
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)