Apr 13, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
By now you know Edmonton’s Ales Hemsky is a guy who gets hurt often. What you may not know, however, is he’s also apparently tougher than you’d think.
Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal reports Hemsky will miss the Oilers’ next three games with a foot injury he’s been playing through for the last 15 games.
“I don’t want to make any excuses, but it’s been a struggle,” Hemsky said. “I’ll take a week and try (to) regroup and get ready for next week. Hopefully.
“I’ve taken a lot of pills and a couple of shots, but nothing really helped.”
Anyone want to question his toughness now? With the Oilers six points out of a playoff spot with eight games left to play, you can’t blame the guy for trying to stick it out. Now it’s truly up to the kids in Edmonton to see if they can help make that final push for the postseason.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 0
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 7
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 18
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20