Apr 13, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
By now you know Edmonton’s Ales Hemsky is a guy who gets hurt often. What you may not know, however, is he’s also apparently tougher than you’d think.
Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal reports Hemsky will miss the Oilers’ next three games with a foot injury he’s been playing through for the last 15 games.
“I don’t want to make any excuses, but it’s been a struggle,” Hemsky said. “I’ll take a week and try (to) regroup and get ready for next week. Hopefully.
“I’ve taken a lot of pills and a couple of shots, but nothing really helped.”
Anyone want to question his toughness now? With the Oilers six points out of a playoff spot with eight games left to play, you can’t blame the guy for trying to stick it out. Now it’s truly up to the kids in Edmonton to see if they can help make that final push for the postseason.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (81)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)