Apr 13, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
By now you know Edmonton’s Ales Hemsky is a guy who gets hurt often. What you may not know, however, is he’s also apparently tougher than you’d think.
Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal reports Hemsky will miss the Oilers’ next three games with a foot injury he’s been playing through for the last 15 games.
“I don’t want to make any excuses, but it’s been a struggle,” Hemsky said. “I’ll take a week and try (to) regroup and get ready for next week. Hopefully.
“I’ve taken a lot of pills and a couple of shots, but nothing really helped.”
Anyone want to question his toughness now? With the Oilers six points out of a playoff spot with eight games left to play, you can’t blame the guy for trying to stick it out. Now it’s truly up to the kids in Edmonton to see if they can help make that final push for the postseason.
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 3
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 11
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)