Apr 13, 2013, 10:04 AM EST
By now you know Edmonton’s Ales Hemsky is a guy who gets hurt often. What you may not know, however, is he’s also apparently tougher than you’d think.
Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal reports Hemsky will miss the Oilers’ next three games with a foot injury he’s been playing through for the last 15 games.
“I don’t want to make any excuses, but it’s been a struggle,” Hemsky said. “I’ll take a week and try (to) regroup and get ready for next week. Hopefully.
“I’ve taken a lot of pills and a couple of shots, but nothing really helped.”
Anyone want to question his toughness now? With the Oilers six points out of a playoff spot with eight games left to play, you can’t blame the guy for trying to stick it out. Now it’s truly up to the kids in Edmonton to see if they can help make that final push for the postseason.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)