Apr 13, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s playoff hopes are in dire straits but they’ll get a bit of a lift this afternoon against the Sabres.
Danny Briere makes his return to the lineup after being out since March 18 with a concussion, a span of 10 games. In 26 games this season, he’s got just five goals and eight assists for the the Flyers. In his career against the Sabres, however, Briere has given his former team nightmares with seven goals and eight assists in 21 games.
The Flyers hope Briere can give them a bit more of a lift as they chase the Rangers and Islanders for the final playoff spot in the East. As it is, they sit seven points back of the Rangers with eight games to play.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34