Apr 13, 2013, 5:52 PM EST
The numbers say that the Buffalo Sabres would need to go undefeated to even have about a 1-in-3 chance to make the playoffs. That sounds hopeless, which is probably how you might also describe the Philadelphia Flyers’ offense.
Buffalo beat Philadelphia 1-0 on Saturday, giving the Flyers four straight losses. They’ve scored just three goals in that skid.
During much of this season, it’s been easy to blame Philly’s problems on a thin defense corps and Ilya Bryzgalov, yet now they’re even struggling to fill opposing teams’ nets.
One might find some symbolism in how Saturday’s game ended: Daniel Briere hit the post in the closing moments, leaving the Flyers looking for answers for yet another day in the 2013 season.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 8
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)