Apr 12, 2013, 1:30 AM EST
The Minnesota Wild are still in a playoff spot, but their chances of a Northwest Division title decreased a little bit more Thursday.
The Wild were shut out 2-0 by the St. Louis Blues, making it the third time in four games Minnesota has failed to score a goal.
“My message to the team, and the way that we feel, is that we have nothing to apologize for and nothing to feel sorry about,” Wild head coach Mike Yeo told NHL.com.
“We played a strong team and we played a good game. I’m not saying we can’t be better in a couple of areas, but obviously the completion of the game changes if we score first.”
The Wild, with one win in their last six games, trail the Vancouver Canucks by six points for the Northwest Division lead. Both teams have only eight games remaining on their respective schedules.
To make matters worse in addition to the loss, Minnesota defenseman Ryan Suter left the game with an injury, returned briefly, then left again, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Although, it doesn’t appear the injury will keep Suter out long, if at all.
Jan 31, 2015, 7:16 PM EST
Obviously not smart.
Jan 31, 2015, 6:46 PM EST
Allowed five goals on 20 shots.
Jan 31, 2015, 6:19 PM EST
Two losses in a row for the Islanders.
Jan 31, 2015, 5:53 PM EST
Was put on waivers, cleared, and sent to the minors this week.
Jan 31, 2015, 5:22 PM EST
Took part in team skate on Saturday.
Jan 31, 2015, 4:47 PM EST
Detroit is forcing itself into the Stanley Cup conversation.
Jan 31, 2015, 4:08 PM EST
Montreal has put pressure on Tampa Bay in the battle for the Eastern Conference lead.
Jan 31, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
He has a degenerative back injury that might lead to career-ending surgery.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:56 PM EST
He gave up five goals against them on Jan. 10.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:57 PM EST
Meanwhile Philadelphia will try to win its fourth straight game.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:57 AM EST
They’ve surpassed the early season expectations.
Jan 31, 2015, 10:11 AM EST
But he seems very reluctant on the matter.
Jan 31, 2015, 9:24 AM EST
Is that what’s best for Carolina in the long term?
Jan 31, 2015, 2:00 AM EST
Anaheim has now lost two straight in regulation for the first time since November.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:15 AM EST
Sabres conclude January with an 0-12-0 record.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:15 AM EST
Shattenkirk had the shootout winner.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
He’s now tied with Dino Ciccarelli on the all-time points list.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
Kris Letang has assisted on Pittsburgh’s last seven goals.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:15 PM EST
Mark Hunter has also been a rumored replacement.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 7
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 25
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16