Apr 12, 2013, 1:30 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild are still in a playoff spot, but their chances of a Northwest Division title decreased a little bit more Thursday.
The Wild were shut out 2-0 by the St. Louis Blues, making it the third time in four games Minnesota has failed to score a goal.
“My message to the team, and the way that we feel, is that we have nothing to apologize for and nothing to feel sorry about,” Wild head coach Mike Yeo told NHL.com.
“We played a strong team and we played a good game. I’m not saying we can’t be better in a couple of areas, but obviously the completion of the game changes if we score first.”
The Wild, with one win in their last six games, trail the Vancouver Canucks by six points for the Northwest Division lead. Both teams have only eight games remaining on their respective schedules.
To make matters worse in addition to the loss, Minnesota defenseman Ryan Suter left the game with an injury, returned briefly, then left again, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Although, it doesn’t appear the injury will keep Suter out long, if at all.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)