Apr 12, 2013, 7:25 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild have lost five of six and have scored just six goals over that stretch.
So, they’ve decided to add some offense.
The club recalled Jason Zucker from AHL Houston on Friday, just a few days after he was named to the American League’s All-Rookie team for 2012-13.
Zucker, 21, leads the Aeros with 24 goals and is tied for the team scoring lead with 50 points.
The Wild’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Zucker has appeared in 14 games for the Wild this season, scoring 4G-1A-5PTS while averaging over 10 minutes per contest.
Zucker’s not big (5-fot-11, 186 pounds) but he is fast, and has shown an ability to score goals.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)