Apr 12, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have lost five of six and have scored just six goals over that stretch.
So, they’ve decided to add some offense.
The club recalled Jason Zucker from AHL Houston on Friday, just a few days after he was named to the American League’s All-Rookie team for 2012-13.
Zucker, 21, leads the Aeros with 24 goals and is tied for the team scoring lead with 50 points.
The Wild’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Zucker has appeared in 14 games for the Wild this season, scoring 4G-1A-5PTS while averaging over 10 minutes per contest.
Zucker’s not big (5-fot-11, 186 pounds) but he is fast, and has shown an ability to score goals.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40