Apr 12, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have lost five of six and have scored just six goals over that stretch.
So, they’ve decided to add some offense.
The club recalled Jason Zucker from AHL Houston on Friday, just a few days after he was named to the American League’s All-Rookie team for 2012-13.
Zucker, 21, leads the Aeros with 24 goals and is tied for the team scoring lead with 50 points.
The Wild’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Zucker has appeared in 14 games for the Wild this season, scoring 4G-1A-5PTS while averaging over 10 minutes per contest.
Zucker’s not big (5-fot-11, 186 pounds) but he is fast, and has shown an ability to score goals.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 5
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 26
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)