Apr 12, 2013, 7:25 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild have lost five of six and have scored just six goals over that stretch.
So, they’ve decided to add some offense.
The club recalled Jason Zucker from AHL Houston on Friday, just a few days after he was named to the American League’s All-Rookie team for 2012-13.
Zucker, 21, leads the Aeros with 24 goals and is tied for the team scoring lead with 50 points.
The Wild’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Zucker has appeared in 14 games for the Wild this season, scoring 4G-1A-5PTS while averaging over 10 minutes per contest.
Zucker’s not big (5-fot-11, 186 pounds) but he is fast, and has shown an ability to score goals.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)