Apr 12, 2013, 9:04 AM EST
Midway through the second period, Kane chased a puck halfway across the ice, scooped it up as it bounced off the boards and then shot it around a diving Markstrom for his second goal of the night.
You can see the entire sequence below:
That finished Jacob Markstrom’s night.
The 23-year-old goaltender has now allowed 10 goals in his last two starts as the Panthers limp towards the finish line. Meanwhile the Winnipeg Jets have won three straight games as they battle simultaneously for a playoff spot and, more ideal, the Southeast Division title.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 0
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 12
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)