Apr 12, 2013, 9:04 AM EST
Midway through the second period, Kane chased a puck halfway across the ice, scooped it up as it bounced off the boards and then shot it around a diving Markstrom for his second goal of the night.
You can see the entire sequence below:
That finished Jacob Markstrom’s night.
The 23-year-old goaltender has now allowed 10 goals in his last two starts as the Panthers limp towards the finish line. Meanwhile the Winnipeg Jets have won three straight games as they battle simultaneously for a playoff spot and, more ideal, the Southeast Division title.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 13
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5