Apr 12, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Midway through the second period, Kane chased a puck halfway across the ice, scooped it up as it bounced off the boards and then shot it around a diving Markstrom for his second goal of the night.
You can see the entire sequence below:
That finished Jacob Markstrom’s night.
The 23-year-old goaltender has now allowed 10 goals in his last two starts as the Panthers limp towards the finish line. Meanwhile the Winnipeg Jets have won three straight games as they battle simultaneously for a playoff spot and, more ideal, the Southeast Division title.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25