Apr 12, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Midway through the second period, Kane chased a puck halfway across the ice, scooped it up as it bounced off the boards and then shot it around a diving Markstrom for his second goal of the night.
You can see the entire sequence below:
That finished Jacob Markstrom’s night.
The 23-year-old goaltender has now allowed 10 goals in his last two starts as the Panthers limp towards the finish line. Meanwhile the Winnipeg Jets have won three straight games as they battle simultaneously for a playoff spot and, more ideal, the Southeast Division title.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)