Apr 12, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Midway through the second period, Kane chased a puck halfway across the ice, scooped it up as it bounced off the boards and then shot it around a diving Markstrom for his second goal of the night.
You can see the entire sequence below:
That finished Jacob Markstrom’s night.
The 23-year-old goaltender has now allowed 10 goals in his last two starts as the Panthers limp towards the finish line. Meanwhile the Winnipeg Jets have won three straight games as they battle simultaneously for a playoff spot and, more ideal, the Southeast Division title.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)