Apr 12, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
It’s not clear how Myers suffered the injury. He played 25:37 against the Habs, and nothing was reported after the game. Some are speculating the broken bone may be a result of blocking a shot from Montreal defenseman PK Subban.
At any rate, it was another frustrating season for the 2010 rookie of the year. Myers finishes with three goals and five assists in 39 games while averaging 21:19 of ice time. He also admittedly showed up to training camp out of shape following the lockout.
On the bright side, he made a lot of money.
Sabres say Tyler Myers will not need surgery on broken bone in leg. Injury happened during second-period five-on-three.—
John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) April 12, 2013
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7