Apr 12, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
It’s not clear how Myers suffered the injury. He played 25:37 against the Habs, and nothing was reported after the game. Some are speculating the broken bone may be a result of blocking a shot from Montreal defenseman PK Subban.
At any rate, it was another frustrating season for the 2010 rookie of the year. Myers finishes with three goals and five assists in 39 games while averaging 21:19 of ice time. He also admittedly showed up to training camp out of shape following the lockout.
On the bright side, he made a lot of money.
Sabres say Tyler Myers will not need surgery on broken bone in leg. Injury happened during second-period five-on-three.—
John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) April 12, 2013
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 2
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)