Apr 12, 2013, 12:39 PM EST
It’s not clear how Myers suffered the injury. He played 25:37 against the Habs, and nothing was reported after the game. Some are speculating the broken bone may be a result of blocking a shot from Montreal defenseman PK Subban.
At any rate, it was another frustrating season for the 2010 rookie of the year. Myers finishes with three goals and five assists in 39 games while averaging 21:19 of ice time. He also admittedly showed up to training camp out of shape following the lockout.
On the bright side, he made a lot of money.
Sabres say Tyler Myers will not need surgery on broken bone in leg. Injury happened during second-period five-on-three.—
John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) April 12, 2013
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 0
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (52)