Apr 12, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
It’s not clear how Myers suffered the injury. He played 25:37 against the Habs, and nothing was reported after the game. Some are speculating the broken bone may be a result of blocking a shot from Montreal defenseman PK Subban.
At any rate, it was another frustrating season for the 2010 rookie of the year. Myers finishes with three goals and five assists in 39 games while averaging 21:19 of ice time. He also admittedly showed up to training camp out of shape following the lockout.
On the bright side, he made a lot of money.
Sabres say Tyler Myers will not need surgery on broken bone in leg. Injury happened during second-period five-on-three.—
John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) April 12, 2013
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)