Apr 12, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
Drew LeBlanc of St. Cloud State won the 2013 Hobey Baker trophy on Friday, and then, just a few hours later on the same day, he signed with the Chicago Blackhawks.
Not a bad way to begin the weekend.
According to ESPN Chicago, it’s a one-year contract for the 23-year-old LeBlanc, who had 50 points this season for St. Cloud State.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5