Apr 12, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Could a stomach issue be affecting Mikhail Grabovski‘s play?
Grabovski’s been a hot topic of conversation in Toronto. The 29-year-old with the $27.5 million contract has just eight goals and seven assists in 40 games, a far slower rate of offensive production than his previous two seasons.
The past two games, both against the Rangers, eyebrows were raised when he played a mere 10:39 and 11:00.
Today, Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said that Grabovski was still in New York getting tested for a gastrointestinal issue that the player has dealt with for a couple years, but has recently gotten worse.
It’s not clear if there’s a significant relation between Grabovski’s stomach issue and his on-ice performance, but we imagine it can’t be helping.
- Avs’ Parenteau (knee) likely out for remainder of regular season, playoffs unclear 0
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 14
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 17
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)