Apr 12, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Could a stomach issue be affecting Mikhail Grabovski‘s play?
Grabovski’s been a hot topic of conversation in Toronto. The 29-year-old with the $27.5 million contract has just eight goals and seven assists in 40 games, a far slower rate of offensive production than his previous two seasons.
The past two games, both against the Rangers, eyebrows were raised when he played a mere 10:39 and 11:00.
Today, Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said that Grabovski was still in New York getting tested for a gastrointestinal issue that the player has dealt with for a couple years, but has recently gotten worse.
It’s not clear if there’s a significant relation between Grabovski’s stomach issue and his on-ice performance, but we imagine it can’t be helping.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50