Apr 12, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Could a stomach issue be affecting Mikhail Grabovski‘s play?
Grabovski’s been a hot topic of conversation in Toronto. The 29-year-old with the $27.5 million contract has just eight goals and seven assists in 40 games, a far slower rate of offensive production than his previous two seasons.
The past two games, both against the Rangers, eyebrows were raised when he played a mere 10:39 and 11:00.
Today, Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said that Grabovski was still in New York getting tested for a gastrointestinal issue that the player has dealt with for a couple years, but has recently gotten worse.
It’s not clear if there’s a significant relation between Grabovski’s stomach issue and his on-ice performance, but we imagine it can’t be helping.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)