Apr 12, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Could a stomach issue be affecting Mikhail Grabovski‘s play?
Grabovski’s been a hot topic of conversation in Toronto. The 29-year-old with the $27.5 million contract has just eight goals and seven assists in 40 games, a far slower rate of offensive production than his previous two seasons.
The past two games, both against the Rangers, eyebrows were raised when he played a mere 10:39 and 11:00.
Today, Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said that Grabovski was still in New York getting tested for a gastrointestinal issue that the player has dealt with for a couple years, but has recently gotten worse.
It’s not clear if there’s a significant relation between Grabovski’s stomach issue and his on-ice performance, but we imagine it can’t be helping.
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 0
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 12
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 26
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)