Apr 12, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Could a stomach issue be affecting Mikhail Grabovski‘s play?
Grabovski’s been a hot topic of conversation in Toronto. The 29-year-old with the $27.5 million contract has just eight goals and seven assists in 40 games, a far slower rate of offensive production than his previous two seasons.
The past two games, both against the Rangers, eyebrows were raised when he played a mere 10:39 and 11:00.
Today, Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said that Grabovski was still in New York getting tested for a gastrointestinal issue that the player has dealt with for a couple years, but has recently gotten worse.
It’s not clear if there’s a significant relation between Grabovski’s stomach issue and his on-ice performance, but we imagine it can’t be helping.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)