Apr 12, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Calgary Flames forward Alex Tanguay was injured during Friday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, according to numerous reports on Twitter. He will not return to the game.
Tanguay, 33, has 11 goals and 27 points in 39 games played so far this season for the struggling Flames.
Flames say Tanguay will not return and that it's a knee injury. The fact it's not "lower body" likely doesn't bode well.—
Randy Sportak (@SUNRandySportak) April 13, 2013
Tanguay went down awkwardly and it doesn't look too good… not putting any weight on his left leg .—
JermainFranklin (@TSNJFranklin) April 13, 2013
Updated: The Flames announced via Twitter that Tanguay did suffer a knee injury and that he will re-evaluated tomorrow.
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 0
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64