Apr 12, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
Calgary Flames forward Alex Tanguay was injured during Friday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, according to numerous reports on Twitter. He will not return to the game.
Tanguay, 33, has 11 goals and 27 points in 39 games played so far this season for the struggling Flames.
Flames say Tanguay will not return and that it's a knee injury. The fact it's not "lower body" likely doesn't bode well.—
Randy Sportak (@SUNRandySportak) April 13, 2013
Tanguay went down awkwardly and it doesn't look too good… not putting any weight on his left leg .—
JermainFranklin (@TSNJFranklin) April 13, 2013
Updated: The Flames announced via Twitter that Tanguay did suffer a knee injury and that he will re-evaluated tomorrow.
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 0
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 31
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)