Apr 12, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Calgary Flames forward Alex Tanguay was injured during Friday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, according to numerous reports on Twitter. He will not return to the game.
Tanguay, 33, has 11 goals and 27 points in 39 games played so far this season for the struggling Flames.
Flames say Tanguay will not return and that it's a knee injury. The fact it's not "lower body" likely doesn't bode well.—
Randy Sportak (@SUNRandySportak) April 13, 2013
Tanguay went down awkwardly and it doesn't look too good… not putting any weight on his left leg .—
JermainFranklin (@TSNJFranklin) April 13, 2013
Updated: The Flames announced via Twitter that Tanguay did suffer a knee injury and that he will re-evaluated tomorrow.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 6
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30