Apr 12, 2013, 2:07 AM EST
Another game, another shutout for St. Louis Blues goalie Brian Elliott.
He made 23 saves in a 2-0 win over the struggling Minnesota Wild on Thursday night, giving him three consecutive shutouts.
According to the St. Louis Dispatch, Elliott’s shutout streak now sits at 189 minutes, 29 seconds and the Blues’ franchise shutout streak record is 201:24.
“Don’t wanna jinx him,” Blues captain David Backes told NHL.com of Elliott.
“We want to knock on wood after every interview, but he’s been a battler for us, lays it on the line and has worked his butt off to get back into the shape he’s in, as far as having that confidence, and knowing that every time he’s in the net, we’re going to have a great performance.”
The Blues have now won six straight games, and are fifth in the Western Conference standings, just one point back of the San Jose Sharks.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)