Apr 12, 2013, 2:07 AM EDT
Another game, another shutout for St. Louis Blues goalie Brian Elliott.
He made 23 saves in a 2-0 win over the struggling Minnesota Wild on Thursday night, giving him three consecutive shutouts.
According to the St. Louis Dispatch, Elliott’s shutout streak now sits at 189 minutes, 29 seconds and the Blues’ franchise shutout streak record is 201:24.
“Don’t wanna jinx him,” Blues captain David Backes told NHL.com of Elliott.
“We want to knock on wood after every interview, but he’s been a battler for us, lays it on the line and has worked his butt off to get back into the shape he’s in, as far as having that confidence, and knowing that every time he’s in the net, we’re going to have a great performance.”
The Blues have now won six straight games, and are fifth in the Western Conference standings, just one point back of the San Jose Sharks.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 1
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6