Apr 12, 2013, 2:07 AM EDT
Another game, another shutout for St. Louis Blues goalie Brian Elliott.
He made 23 saves in a 2-0 win over the struggling Minnesota Wild on Thursday night, giving him three consecutive shutouts.
According to the St. Louis Dispatch, Elliott’s shutout streak now sits at 189 minutes, 29 seconds and the Blues’ franchise shutout streak record is 201:24.
“Don’t wanna jinx him,” Blues captain David Backes told NHL.com of Elliott.
“We want to knock on wood after every interview, but he’s been a battler for us, lays it on the line and has worked his butt off to get back into the shape he’s in, as far as having that confidence, and knowing that every time he’s in the net, we’re going to have a great performance.”
The Blues have now won six straight games, and are fifth in the Western Conference standings, just one point back of the San Jose Sharks.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)