Apr 12, 2013, 2:07 AM EST
Another game, another shutout for St. Louis Blues goalie Brian Elliott.
He made 23 saves in a 2-0 win over the struggling Minnesota Wild on Thursday night, giving him three consecutive shutouts.
According to the St. Louis Dispatch, Elliott’s shutout streak now sits at 189 minutes, 29 seconds and the Blues’ franchise shutout streak record is 201:24.
“Don’t wanna jinx him,” Blues captain David Backes told NHL.com of Elliott.
“We want to knock on wood after every interview, but he’s been a battler for us, lays it on the line and has worked his butt off to get back into the shape he’s in, as far as having that confidence, and knowing that every time he’s in the net, we’re going to have a great performance.”
The Blues have now won six straight games, and are fifth in the Western Conference standings, just one point back of the San Jose Sharks.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8