Apr 12, 2013, 2:07 AM EDT
Another game, another shutout for St. Louis Blues goalie Brian Elliott.
He made 23 saves in a 2-0 win over the struggling Minnesota Wild on Thursday night, giving him three consecutive shutouts.
According to the St. Louis Dispatch, Elliott’s shutout streak now sits at 189 minutes, 29 seconds and the Blues’ franchise shutout streak record is 201:24.
“Don’t wanna jinx him,” Blues captain David Backes told NHL.com of Elliott.
“We want to knock on wood after every interview, but he’s been a battler for us, lays it on the line and has worked his butt off to get back into the shape he’s in, as far as having that confidence, and knowing that every time he’s in the net, we’re going to have a great performance.”
The Blues have now won six straight games, and are fifth in the Western Conference standings, just one point back of the San Jose Sharks.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)