Apr 12, 2013, 3:47 PM EST
In desperate need of a win to stay in the playoff race, the Dallas Stars will have backup goalie Richard Bachman between the pipes tonight in Nashville.
The Stars’ regular starter, Kari Lehtonen, is still feeling the effects of a groin injury suffered Tuesday.
“I was hoping that I would feel a lot better than I did,” Lehtonen said today, per NHL.com.
Lehtonen is hopeful he can play tomorrow versus San Jose, but wouldn’t commit to anything.
Bachman, 25, is 4-3-0 with a .860 save percentage, though he did stop all 22 shots he faced Tuesday in relief of Lehtonen in a 5-1 victory over the Kings.
“We’ll see how it goes tomorrow morning,” Lehtonen said. “It’s a tough situation. It’s good to see Bachs do so well, and hopefully we can play great tonight.”
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 6
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 5
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 33
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 46
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (46)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)