Apr 12, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
In desperate need of a win to stay in the playoff race, the Dallas Stars will have backup goalie Richard Bachman between the pipes tonight in Nashville.
The Stars’ regular starter, Kari Lehtonen, is still feeling the effects of a groin injury suffered Tuesday.
“I was hoping that I would feel a lot better than I did,” Lehtonen said today, per NHL.com.
Lehtonen is hopeful he can play tomorrow versus San Jose, but wouldn’t commit to anything.
Bachman, 25, is 4-3-0 with a .860 save percentage, though he did stop all 22 shots he faced Tuesday in relief of Lehtonen in a 5-1 victory over the Kings.
“We’ll see how it goes tomorrow morning,” Lehtonen said. “It’s a tough situation. It’s good to see Bachs do so well, and hopefully we can play great tonight.”
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)