Apr 12, 2013, 3:47 PM EST
In desperate need of a win to stay in the playoff race, the Dallas Stars will have backup goalie Richard Bachman between the pipes tonight in Nashville.
The Stars’ regular starter, Kari Lehtonen, is still feeling the effects of a groin injury suffered Tuesday.
“I was hoping that I would feel a lot better than I did,” Lehtonen said today, per NHL.com.
Lehtonen is hopeful he can play tomorrow versus San Jose, but wouldn’t commit to anything.
Bachman, 25, is 4-3-0 with a .860 save percentage, though he did stop all 22 shots he faced Tuesday in relief of Lehtonen in a 5-1 victory over the Kings.
“We’ll see how it goes tomorrow morning,” Lehtonen said. “It’s a tough situation. It’s good to see Bachs do so well, and hopefully we can play great tonight.”
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 5
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 16
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 14
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 41
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)