Apr 12, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
In desperate need of a win to stay in the playoff race, the Dallas Stars will have backup goalie Richard Bachman between the pipes tonight in Nashville.
The Stars’ regular starter, Kari Lehtonen, is still feeling the effects of a groin injury suffered Tuesday.
“I was hoping that I would feel a lot better than I did,” Lehtonen said today, per NHL.com.
Lehtonen is hopeful he can play tomorrow versus San Jose, but wouldn’t commit to anything.
Bachman, 25, is 4-3-0 with a .860 save percentage, though he did stop all 22 shots he faced Tuesday in relief of Lehtonen in a 5-1 victory over the Kings.
“We’ll see how it goes tomorrow morning,” Lehtonen said. “It’s a tough situation. It’s good to see Bachs do so well, and hopefully we can play great tonight.”
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)