Apr 12, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
In desperate need of a win to stay in the playoff race, the Dallas Stars will have backup goalie Richard Bachman between the pipes tonight in Nashville.
The Stars’ regular starter, Kari Lehtonen, is still feeling the effects of a groin injury suffered Tuesday.
“I was hoping that I would feel a lot better than I did,” Lehtonen said today, per NHL.com.
Lehtonen is hopeful he can play tomorrow versus San Jose, but wouldn’t commit to anything.
Bachman, 25, is 4-3-0 with a .860 save percentage, though he did stop all 22 shots he faced Tuesday in relief of Lehtonen in a 5-1 victory over the Kings.
“We’ll see how it goes tomorrow morning,” Lehtonen said. “It’s a tough situation. It’s good to see Bachs do so well, and hopefully we can play great tonight.”
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39