Apr 12, 2013, 12:58 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche goalie Sami Aittokallio, making his NHL debut at the age of 20, left Thursday’s game against the L.A. Kings in the third period due to injury.
The Kings scored twice in less than two minutes in the first half of the opening period to take a 2-0 lead over the Avalanche, but Aittokallio settled down after that, stopping 23 of 25 shots faced before he was forced from the game.
Update: The Avalanche sent out a tweet following Thursday’s game, paraphrasing head coach Joe Sacco as saying Aittokallio left the game with serious cramps.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)