Apr 12, 2013, 12:58 AM EST
Colorado Avalanche goalie Sami Aittokallio, making his NHL debut at the age of 20, left Thursday’s game against the L.A. Kings in the third period due to injury.
The Kings scored twice in less than two minutes in the first half of the opening period to take a 2-0 lead over the Avalanche, but Aittokallio settled down after that, stopping 23 of 25 shots faced before he was forced from the game.
Update: The Avalanche sent out a tweet following Thursday’s game, paraphrasing head coach Joe Sacco as saying Aittokallio left the game with serious cramps.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)