Apr 12, 2013, 12:58 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche goalie Sami Aittokallio, making his NHL debut at the age of 20, left Thursday’s game against the L.A. Kings in the third period due to injury.
The Kings scored twice in less than two minutes in the first half of the opening period to take a 2-0 lead over the Avalanche, but Aittokallio settled down after that, stopping 23 of 25 shots faced before he was forced from the game.
Update: The Avalanche sent out a tweet following Thursday’s game, paraphrasing head coach Joe Sacco as saying Aittokallio left the game with serious cramps.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (107)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)