Apr 12, 2013, 12:58 AM EST
Colorado Avalanche goalie Sami Aittokallio, making his NHL debut at the age of 20, left Thursday’s game against the L.A. Kings in the third period due to injury.
The Kings scored twice in less than two minutes in the first half of the opening period to take a 2-0 lead over the Avalanche, but Aittokallio settled down after that, stopping 23 of 25 shots faced before he was forced from the game.
Update: The Avalanche sent out a tweet following Thursday’s game, paraphrasing head coach Joe Sacco as saying Aittokallio left the game with serious cramps.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (143)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)