Apr 12, 2013, 12:58 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche goalie Sami Aittokallio, making his NHL debut at the age of 20, left Thursday’s game against the L.A. Kings in the third period due to injury.
The Kings scored twice in less than two minutes in the first half of the opening period to take a 2-0 lead over the Avalanche, but Aittokallio settled down after that, stopping 23 of 25 shots faced before he was forced from the game.
Update: The Avalanche sent out a tweet following Thursday’s game, paraphrasing head coach Joe Sacco as saying Aittokallio left the game with serious cramps.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)