Apr 12, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
Yesterday, Ottawa snapped its longest losing streak of the season.
Today, another positive development.
The club announced that forward Milan Michalek has been given the green light to play, and is primed to suit up tonight against New Jersey — which would be his first game since undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery on Mar. 19.
Michalek actually hasn’t played in a game since Mar. 8 — a 3-2 win over the Rangers — and has been limited to just 15 games all told this season because of his wonky knee.
Despite that, he’s still managed to put up good numbers, recording 2G-8A-10PTS in those 15 games.
The 28-year-old winger was Ottawa’s leading scorer last season, posting a career-best 35 tallies while averaging a career-best 19:33 time on ice per game.
And his return to the lineup couldn’t come at a better time.
The Sens snapped a five-game losing streak on Thursday with a 3-1 win over Philly, but are still struggling to score goals.
Ottawa sits 23rd in the NHL in goals per game (2.38) and has just 10 goals in its last six contests.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)