Apr 12, 2013, 2:29 PM EST
Yesterday, Ottawa snapped its longest losing streak of the season.
Today, another positive development.
The club announced that forward Milan Michalek has been given the green light to play, and is primed to suit up tonight against New Jersey — which would be his first game since undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery on Mar. 19.
Michalek actually hasn’t played in a game since Mar. 8 — a 3-2 win over the Rangers — and has been limited to just 15 games all told this season because of his wonky knee.
Despite that, he’s still managed to put up good numbers, recording 2G-8A-10PTS in those 15 games.
The 28-year-old winger was Ottawa’s leading scorer last season, posting a career-best 35 tallies while averaging a career-best 19:33 time on ice per game.
And his return to the lineup couldn’t come at a better time.
The Sens snapped a five-game losing streak on Thursday with a 3-1 win over Philly, but are still struggling to score goals.
Ottawa sits 23rd in the NHL in goals per game (2.38) and has just 10 goals in its last six contests.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)