Apr 12, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
Yesterday, Ottawa snapped its longest losing streak of the season.
Today, another positive development.
The club announced that forward Milan Michalek has been given the green light to play, and is primed to suit up tonight against New Jersey — which would be his first game since undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery on Mar. 19.
Michalek actually hasn’t played in a game since Mar. 8 — a 3-2 win over the Rangers — and has been limited to just 15 games all told this season because of his wonky knee.
Despite that, he’s still managed to put up good numbers, recording 2G-8A-10PTS in those 15 games.
The 28-year-old winger was Ottawa’s leading scorer last season, posting a career-best 35 tallies while averaging a career-best 19:33 time on ice per game.
And his return to the lineup couldn’t come at a better time.
The Sens snapped a five-game losing streak on Thursday with a 3-1 win over Philly, but are still struggling to score goals.
Ottawa sits 23rd in the NHL in goals per game (2.38) and has just 10 goals in its last six contests.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 0
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 20
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 11
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)