Apr 11, 2013, 1:50 AM EST
There aren’t many No.1 overall picks who boast tempers like Taylor Hall has shown. After Wednesday, that volatile streak might just earn him another suspension.
Hall’s eventful evening really kicked off in the first period of tonight’s eventual 3-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, as Martin Hanzal delivered this huge hit on him:
Hall already received a two-game suspension earlier this season for his questionable hit on Cal Clutterbuck.
That isn’t the only time a possible lack of control cost Hall, either, as his rookie season was cut short due to an injury he suffered during an ill-advised hit.
It’s the Oilers choice to discuss these incidents (or not) with Hall, but it wouldn’t be surprising if the league shared their own feelings about that slash in the next day or two.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 35
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 70
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 66
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 33
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)