Apr 11, 2013, 1:50 AM EDT
There aren’t many No.1 overall picks who boast tempers like Taylor Hall has shown. After Wednesday, that volatile streak might just earn him another suspension.
Hall’s eventful evening really kicked off in the first period of tonight’s eventual 3-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, as Martin Hanzal delivered this huge hit on him:
Hall already received a two-game suspension earlier this season for his questionable hit on Cal Clutterbuck.
That isn’t the only time a possible lack of control cost Hall, either, as his rookie season was cut short due to an injury he suffered during an ill-advised hit.
It’s the Oilers choice to discuss these incidents (or not) with Hall, but it wouldn’t be surprising if the league shared their own feelings about that slash in the next day or two.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 53
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 32
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 28
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)