Apr 11, 2013, 1:50 AM EDT
There aren’t many No.1 overall picks who boast tempers like Taylor Hall has shown. After Wednesday, that volatile streak might just earn him another suspension.
Hall’s eventful evening really kicked off in the first period of tonight’s eventual 3-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, as Martin Hanzal delivered this huge hit on him:
Hall already received a two-game suspension earlier this season for his questionable hit on Cal Clutterbuck.
That isn’t the only time a possible lack of control cost Hall, either, as his rookie season was cut short due to an injury he suffered during an ill-advised hit.
It’s the Oilers choice to discuss these incidents (or not) with Hall, but it wouldn’t be surprising if the league shared their own feelings about that slash in the next day or two.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 43
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 10
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22