Apr 11, 2013, 1:50 AM EDT
There aren’t many No.1 overall picks who boast tempers like Taylor Hall has shown. After Wednesday, that volatile streak might just earn him another suspension.
Hall’s eventful evening really kicked off in the first period of tonight’s eventual 3-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, as Martin Hanzal delivered this huge hit on him:
Hall already received a two-game suspension earlier this season for his questionable hit on Cal Clutterbuck.
That isn’t the only time a possible lack of control cost Hall, either, as his rookie season was cut short due to an injury he suffered during an ill-advised hit.
It’s the Oilers choice to discuss these incidents (or not) with Hall, but it wouldn’t be surprising if the league shared their own feelings about that slash in the next day or two.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 3
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)