Apr 11, 2013, 1:50 AM EDT
There aren’t many No.1 overall picks who boast tempers like Taylor Hall has shown. After Wednesday, that volatile streak might just earn him another suspension.
Hall’s eventful evening really kicked off in the first period of tonight’s eventual 3-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, as Martin Hanzal delivered this huge hit on him:
Hall already received a two-game suspension earlier this season for his questionable hit on Cal Clutterbuck.
That isn’t the only time a possible lack of control cost Hall, either, as his rookie season was cut short due to an injury he suffered during an ill-advised hit.
It’s the Oilers choice to discuss these incidents (or not) with Hall, but it wouldn’t be surprising if the league shared their own feelings about that slash in the next day or two.
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 0
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 8
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)