Apr 11, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
The Senators will look to rookie goalie Robin Lehner when they try to snap a five-game losing streak tonight in Philadelphia.
Lehner is 3-3-4 with an impressive .934 save percentage; however, tonight will come with a lot of pressure — and in a tough environment — for the inexperienced netminder. The 21-year-old replaces veteran Craig Anderson, who’s gone 0-2-0 with an .878 save percentage since returning from an injury.
Once comfortably in a playoff position, Ottawa is now just two points clear of ninth-place Winnipeg (though the Jets have played two more games.)
The Sens might also have their eyes on the sixth seed in the conference, so as to set up a first-round matchup with the winner of the weak Southeast Division.
At the very least, Ottawa isn’t as desperate for a win as its opposition.
“We need to have an epic ending to the season,” Flyers forward Hartnell said this morning, per NHL.com. “Basically we need to win them all to have a chance. We need to get back to our winning ways. Hopefully we can come out here hard, lay it all out on the ice.”
Here’s how the standings look:
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)