Apr 11, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
The Senators will look to rookie goalie Robin Lehner when they try to snap a five-game losing streak tonight in Philadelphia.
Lehner is 3-3-4 with an impressive .934 save percentage; however, tonight will come with a lot of pressure — and in a tough environment — for the inexperienced netminder. The 21-year-old replaces veteran Craig Anderson, who’s gone 0-2-0 with an .878 save percentage since returning from an injury.
Once comfortably in a playoff position, Ottawa is now just two points clear of ninth-place Winnipeg (though the Jets have played two more games.)
The Sens might also have their eyes on the sixth seed in the conference, so as to set up a first-round matchup with the winner of the weak Southeast Division.
At the very least, Ottawa isn’t as desperate for a win as its opposition.
“We need to have an epic ending to the season,” Flyers forward Hartnell said this morning, per NHL.com. “Basically we need to win them all to have a chance. We need to get back to our winning ways. Hopefully we can come out here hard, lay it all out on the ice.”
Here’s how the standings look:
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 9
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)