Apr 11, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
The Senators will look to rookie goalie Robin Lehner when they try to snap a five-game losing streak tonight in Philadelphia.
Lehner is 3-3-4 with an impressive .934 save percentage; however, tonight will come with a lot of pressure — and in a tough environment — for the inexperienced netminder. The 21-year-old replaces veteran Craig Anderson, who’s gone 0-2-0 with an .878 save percentage since returning from an injury.
Once comfortably in a playoff position, Ottawa is now just two points clear of ninth-place Winnipeg (though the Jets have played two more games.)
The Sens might also have their eyes on the sixth seed in the conference, so as to set up a first-round matchup with the winner of the weak Southeast Division.
At the very least, Ottawa isn’t as desperate for a win as its opposition.
“We need to have an epic ending to the season,” Flyers forward Hartnell said this morning, per NHL.com. “Basically we need to win them all to have a chance. We need to get back to our winning ways. Hopefully we can come out here hard, lay it all out on the ice.”
Here’s how the standings look:
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)