Apr 11, 2013, 2:52 PM EST
The Senators will look to rookie goalie Robin Lehner when they try to snap a five-game losing streak tonight in Philadelphia.
Lehner is 3-3-4 with an impressive .934 save percentage; however, tonight will come with a lot of pressure — and in a tough environment — for the inexperienced netminder. The 21-year-old replaces veteran Craig Anderson, who’s gone 0-2-0 with an .878 save percentage since returning from an injury.
Once comfortably in a playoff position, Ottawa is now just two points clear of ninth-place Winnipeg (though the Jets have played two more games.)
The Sens might also have their eyes on the sixth seed in the conference, so as to set up a first-round matchup with the winner of the weak Southeast Division.
At the very least, Ottawa isn’t as desperate for a win as its opposition.
“We need to have an epic ending to the season,” Flyers forward Hartnell said this morning, per NHL.com. “Basically we need to win them all to have a chance. We need to get back to our winning ways. Hopefully we can come out here hard, lay it all out on the ice.”
Here’s how the standings look:
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)