Apr 11, 2013, 2:52 PM EST
The Senators will look to rookie goalie Robin Lehner when they try to snap a five-game losing streak tonight in Philadelphia.
Lehner is 3-3-4 with an impressive .934 save percentage; however, tonight will come with a lot of pressure — and in a tough environment — for the inexperienced netminder. The 21-year-old replaces veteran Craig Anderson, who’s gone 0-2-0 with an .878 save percentage since returning from an injury.
Once comfortably in a playoff position, Ottawa is now just two points clear of ninth-place Winnipeg (though the Jets have played two more games.)
The Sens might also have their eyes on the sixth seed in the conference, so as to set up a first-round matchup with the winner of the weak Southeast Division.
At the very least, Ottawa isn’t as desperate for a win as its opposition.
“We need to have an epic ending to the season,” Flyers forward Hartnell said this morning, per NHL.com. “Basically we need to win them all to have a chance. We need to get back to our winning ways. Hopefully we can come out here hard, lay it all out on the ice.”
Here’s how the standings look:
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 7
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)