Apr 11, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Earlier this week, it appeared all but certain the Boston Bruins would have Swedish forward Carl Soderberg for the playoffs. Unfortunately for the B’s, the Swedish Federation has reportedly refused to release the big 27-year-old that scored 31 times for Linkoping this season.
It appears the Swedish Federation wants Soderberg to represent the country during the upcoming IIHF World Championship, which runs May 3-19 in Stockholm and Helsinki.
The NHL playoffs start April 30.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25