Apr 11, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Earlier this week, it appeared all but certain the Boston Bruins would have Swedish forward Carl Soderberg for the playoffs. Unfortunately for the B’s, the Swedish Federation has reportedly refused to release the big 27-year-old that scored 31 times for Linkoping this season.
It appears the Swedish Federation wants Soderberg to represent the country during the upcoming IIHF World Championship, which runs May 3-19 in Stockholm and Helsinki.
The NHL playoffs start April 30.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 0
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 43
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 37
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)