Apr 11, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Earlier this week, it appeared all but certain the Boston Bruins would have Swedish forward Carl Soderberg for the playoffs. Unfortunately for the B’s, the Swedish Federation has reportedly refused to release the big 27-year-old that scored 31 times for Linkoping this season.
It appears the Swedish Federation wants Soderberg to represent the country during the upcoming IIHF World Championship, which runs May 3-19 in Stockholm and Helsinki.
The NHL playoffs start April 30.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)