Apr 11, 2013, 12:34 AM EST
An exact time hasn’t been decided upon yet, however.
The 31-year-old blueliner has been suspended before (three games for elbowing Zach Boychuk in February 2009) but isn’t considered a repeat offender because that happened outside the league’s 18-month window.
Here’s video of that hit with observations from Mike Milbury and Keith Jones.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There isn’t much information available about Marchand’s condition beyond an update from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that expresses concern that he’s suffering from a head injury.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)