Apr 11, 2013, 12:34 AM EDT
An exact time hasn’t been decided upon yet, however.
The 31-year-old blueliner has been suspended before (three games for elbowing Zach Boychuk in February 2009) but isn’t considered a repeat offender because that happened outside the league’s 18-month window.
Here’s video of that hit with observations from Mike Milbury and Keith Jones.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There isn’t much information available about Marchand’s condition beyond an update from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that expresses concern that he’s suffering from a head injury.
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 3
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 15
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)