Apr 11, 2013, 12:34 AM EDT
An exact time hasn’t been decided upon yet, however.
The 31-year-old blueliner has been suspended before (three games for elbowing Zach Boychuk in February 2009) but isn’t considered a repeat offender because that happened outside the league’s 18-month window.
Here’s video of that hit with observations from Mike Milbury and Keith Jones.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There isn’t much information available about Marchand’s condition beyond an update from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that expresses concern that he’s suffering from a head injury.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)