Apr 11, 2013, 12:34 AM EDT
An exact time hasn’t been decided upon yet, however.
The 31-year-old blueliner has been suspended before (three games for elbowing Zach Boychuk in February 2009) but isn’t considered a repeat offender because that happened outside the league’s 18-month window.
Here’s video of that hit with observations from Mike Milbury and Keith Jones.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There isn’t much information available about Marchand’s condition beyond an update from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that expresses concern that he’s suffering from a head injury.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)