Apr 11, 2013, 12:34 AM EDT
An exact time hasn’t been decided upon yet, however.
The 31-year-old blueliner has been suspended before (three games for elbowing Zach Boychuk in February 2009) but isn’t considered a repeat offender because that happened outside the league’s 18-month window.
Here’s video of that hit with observations from Mike Milbury and Keith Jones.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There isn’t much information available about Marchand’s condition beyond an update from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that expresses concern that he’s suffering from a head injury.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 26
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 58
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)