Apr 11, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Volchenkov’s hearing, which will take place this morning, will be conducted over the phone, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. That means Volchenkov won’t be suspended for more than five games.
Volchenkov was assessed a five-minute elbowing major, but that hit also ended Marchand’s night.
Marchand has a team-leading 33 points in 38 games. Another one of the Bruins’ top scorers, Patrice Bergeron, is currently sidelined with a concussion.
If you missed the incident, you can see it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)