Apr 11, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Volchenkov’s hearing, which will take place this morning, will be conducted over the phone, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. That means Volchenkov won’t be suspended for more than five games.
Volchenkov was assessed a five-minute elbowing major, but that hit also ended Marchand’s night.
Marchand has a team-leading 33 points in 38 games. Another one of the Bruins’ top scorers, Patrice Bergeron, is currently sidelined with a concussion.
If you missed the incident, you can see it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)