Apr 11, 2013, 9:56 AM EST
Volchenkov’s hearing, which will take place this morning, will be conducted over the phone, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. That means Volchenkov won’t be suspended for more than five games.
Volchenkov was assessed a five-minute elbowing major, but that hit also ended Marchand’s night.
Marchand has a team-leading 33 points in 38 games. Another one of the Bruins’ top scorers, Patrice Bergeron, is currently sidelined with a concussion.
If you missed the incident, you can see it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)