Apr 11, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Volchenkov’s hearing, which will take place this morning, will be conducted over the phone, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. That means Volchenkov won’t be suspended for more than five games.
Volchenkov was assessed a five-minute elbowing major, but that hit also ended Marchand’s night.
Marchand has a team-leading 33 points in 38 games. Another one of the Bruins’ top scorers, Patrice Bergeron, is currently sidelined with a concussion.
If you missed the incident, you can see it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)