Apr 11, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Volchenkov’s hearing, which will take place this morning, will be conducted over the phone, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. That means Volchenkov won’t be suspended for more than five games.
Volchenkov was assessed a five-minute elbowing major, but that hit also ended Marchand’s night.
Marchand has a team-leading 33 points in 38 games. Another one of the Bruins’ top scorers, Patrice Bergeron, is currently sidelined with a concussion.
If you missed the incident, you can see it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 16
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)