Apr 11, 2013, 1:39 AM EDT
Whenever a player utters bold, negative words about his team, he faces enormous pressure to perform. Jean-Sebastien Giguere and the Colorado Avalanche responded to the veteran goalie’s rant on Wednesday, beating the Anaheim Ducks 4-1.
Giguere was pleased with everyone’s efforts so far, as he told the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater.
“I was happy with the answer. That was the best game we’ve played in a while,” Gigure said. “I don’t know if what I said had anything to do with it. Maybe it did.”
Still, he told Dater that he’s looking for a response that lasts the rest of this season, not just one game.
Avalanche announcer and former player Mark Rycroft likely captured the thoughts of many Avs fans when he said, “I just wish he’d done it 20 games ago.”
The 35-year-old goalie discussed the burden he placed on himself going into tonight’s game with the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
“Whenever you speak up, you kind of expose yourself to criticism,” Giguere said. “You have to respond yourself. You can’t just say stuff and not show up the next day. I’m just as part of the problem as all of the other guys and I have to be part of the solution.”
Like his team, Giguere was … at least for one night.
May 26, 2015, 10:41 AM EDT
Journeyman tough guy appeared in 18 games last year.
May 26, 2015, 10:40 AM EDT
No sense denying the magnitude of being one win from the Stanley Cup Final.
May 26, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Anaheim didn’t take long to rebound in overtime last night.
May 26, 2015, 1:13 AM EDT
Monday’s tough loss hasn’t weakened his resolve.
May 26, 2015, 12:21 AM EDT
Matt Beleskey scored the game winner after initially losing his second line spot.
May 26, 2015, 12:03 AM EDT
Chicago was trailing for most of the game.
May 25, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT
It was a reversal from the first frame.
May 25, 2015, 10:57 PM EDT
Maple Leafs prospect Frederik Gauthier had a big game too.
May 25, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
The first period was all Anaheim.
May 25, 2015, 9:42 PM EDT
The Ducks got off to an ideal start.
May 25, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Emerson Etem is a healthy scratch.
May 25, 2015, 8:29 PM EDT
He needed to keep his wrist frozen to play.
May 25, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
He was linked to Nashville’s playoff curfew incident.
May 25, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
The series is tied at 2-2.
May 25, 2015, 5:43 PM EDT
There’s going to be a fight for the No. 1 gig in Detroit.
May 25, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
Reports out of Swift Current, Saskatchewan.
May 25, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
May 25, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
They’re expected to speak again before July 1.
May 25, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
“One bounce here or there, it’s a different story.”
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)