Apr 11, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
As if missing Wednesday’s 4-1 win over Calgary with the flu wasn’t bad enough, Canucks goalie Cory Schneider couldn’t even watch the thing.
Banished to his hotel room for the evening, Schneider settled into to catch the game on TV — only it wasn’t on TV.
“I couldn’t watch the game because the hotel didn’t play the Flames’ game,” Schneider told the Vancouver Sun. “They played the Oilers’ game — 7:30 rolled around and they are going to Rexall Place and I’m like, ‘you’ve got to be kidding me.’
“[So] I listened to it on the radio, I streamed it online.”
The mystery as to why a Calgary-based hotel didn’t show the Flames game remains unsolved.
As for Schneider, he said he’s feeling better and should return to the Canucks’ net on Saturday in Colorado.
“They are trying to get a lot of fluids in me and all that stuff,” he explained. “My energy level is better overall. Another day off today more or less and a practice tomorrow to see where I am at.”
Schneider, who’d made 11 straight appearances prior to Wednesday, spent the night listening to Roberto Luongo stop 40 of 41 shots for just his eighth win of the season.
Sep 20, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Do Thornton and Marleau disagree with coach Todd McLellan on this point?
Sep 20, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
It’s his first chance to provide his argument for why he should make the team.
Sep 20, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
Tough timing for him as he had been playing alongside fellow countryman David Krejci.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Optimistic about sticking with the big club out of camp.
Sep 20, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Listed as day-to-day.
Sep 20, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Expected to miss a couple days according to Randy Carlyle.
Sep 20, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
Discussions regarding deal are on-going.
Sep 20, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Experimentation process has begun as team looks for secondary scoring.
Sep 20, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
Stars searching for a suitable No. 2 behind Kari Lehtonen.
Sep 20, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
After playing in just 16 games in 2013-14, he’s looking to be a contributor this season.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Undrafted defenseman looking to make an impression at camp.
Sep 19, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets would settle for far less after he scored just 19 last season.
Sep 19, 2014, 10:03 PM EDT
The last thing he wants is to suffer a setback by rushing his recovery.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
That’s not the only summer statement he took exception to.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
Bob Suter was a defenseman on the “Miracle on Ice” team.
Sep 19, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
That usually doesn’t end well, but this might be an exception.
Sep 19, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
He suffered three concussions in under a year.
Sep 19, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
It’s part of the reason why the defenseman is playing for Washington.
Sep 19, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
He suffered a concussion last season.
Sep 19, 2014, 4:17 PM EDT
Greg Sherman stayed on as his assistant.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)