Apr 11, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
As if missing Wednesday’s 4-1 win over Calgary with the flu wasn’t bad enough, Canucks goalie Cory Schneider couldn’t even watch the thing.
Banished to his hotel room for the evening, Schneider settled into to catch the game on TV — only it wasn’t on TV.
“I couldn’t watch the game because the hotel didn’t play the Flames’ game,” Schneider told the Vancouver Sun. “They played the Oilers’ game — 7:30 rolled around and they are going to Rexall Place and I’m like, ‘you’ve got to be kidding me.’
“[So] I listened to it on the radio, I streamed it online.”
The mystery as to why a Calgary-based hotel didn’t show the Flames game remains unsolved.
As for Schneider, he said he’s feeling better and should return to the Canucks’ net on Saturday in Colorado.
“They are trying to get a lot of fluids in me and all that stuff,” he explained. “My energy level is better overall. Another day off today more or less and a practice tomorrow to see where I am at.”
Schneider, who’d made 11 straight appearances prior to Wednesday, spent the night listening to Roberto Luongo stop 40 of 41 shots for just his eighth win of the season.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
But are any teams mulling his return?
Jul 27, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
Where he’ll work as a community liaison.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:22 PM EDT
“I want to go free.”
Jul 27, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
24-year-old forward would require waivers to be sent down…
Jul 27, 2015, 5:22 PM EDT
“I’ll have to start thinking about it more and more in the next couple of weeks.”
Jul 27, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
Hence the six-year, $39 million contract.
Jul 27, 2015, 3:26 PM EDT
Looking to become a full-time NHLer after suffering a series of injuries at the start his pro career.
Jul 27, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT
The alignment debate rages on.
Jul 27, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
Russ Brandon takes over.
Jul 27, 2015, 12:49 PM EDT
Click to see the full list.
Jul 27, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT
Click to see who’s still left.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
Hearing scheduled for Wednesday.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:19 AM EDT
No arbitrator required.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
He calls it the six-year, $25 million contract “good for both sides.”
Jul 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
Jul 26, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
The only certainty is short-term.
Jul 26, 2015, 9:57 PM EDT
Playing between Gabriel Landeskog and Nathan MacKinnon would excite plenty of people.
Jul 26, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Holdovers are noticing a summer of improvements for Buffalo.
Jul 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
The two sides avoided arbitration on Sunday.
Jul 26, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Columbus hasn’t had a long history of being a “cap team.”
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)