Apr 11, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
As if missing Wednesday’s 4-1 win over Calgary with the flu wasn’t bad enough, Canucks goalie Cory Schneider couldn’t even watch the thing.
Banished to his hotel room for the evening, Schneider settled into to catch the game on TV — only it wasn’t on TV.
“I couldn’t watch the game because the hotel didn’t play the Flames’ game,” Schneider told the Vancouver Sun. “They played the Oilers’ game — 7:30 rolled around and they are going to Rexall Place and I’m like, ‘you’ve got to be kidding me.’
“[So] I listened to it on the radio, I streamed it online.”
The mystery as to why a Calgary-based hotel didn’t show the Flames game remains unsolved.
As for Schneider, he said he’s feeling better and should return to the Canucks’ net on Saturday in Colorado.
“They are trying to get a lot of fluids in me and all that stuff,” he explained. “My energy level is better overall. Another day off today more or less and a practice tomorrow to see where I am at.”
Schneider, who’d made 11 straight appearances prior to Wednesday, spent the night listening to Roberto Luongo stop 40 of 41 shots for just his eighth win of the season.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Los Angeles took its seventh win in a row despite the incident.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
Keeping pace with other West powers.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
Don’t worry, they won’t join the Washington Generals.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Impressively, he returned to action in the second period.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Mar 9, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
Patrick Kane comes home.
Mar 9, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Brian Elliott gets a rare start for St. Louis.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
It might be due to an Ed Jovanovski hit.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound great for their would-be starter.
Mar 9, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
Calgary releases a statement on the matter.
Mar 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Mar 9, 2014, 3:57 PM EDT
The appetite to make a change seems to be growing.
Mar 9, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Detroit has lost its Wild Card spot.
Mar 9, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
The once promising rookie was put on waivers by Ottawa.
Mar 9, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
He’s scored in every New Jersey game since the Olympics.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
That’s on top of all the talent they traded away.
Mar 9, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Can Johan Franzen maintain his incredible post-Olympics pace?
Mar 9, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The 21-year-old is making the transition from the KHL.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
It helped lead St. Louis to its fourth straight win.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Buffalo hasn’t been so bad lately, despite what the team looks like on paper.
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 2
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 1
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 28
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)