Apr 11, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
As if missing Wednesday’s 4-1 win over Calgary with the flu wasn’t bad enough, Canucks goalie Cory Schneider couldn’t even watch the thing.
Banished to his hotel room for the evening, Schneider settled into to catch the game on TV — only it wasn’t on TV.
“I couldn’t watch the game because the hotel didn’t play the Flames’ game,” Schneider told the Vancouver Sun. “They played the Oilers’ game — 7:30 rolled around and they are going to Rexall Place and I’m like, ‘you’ve got to be kidding me.’
“[So] I listened to it on the radio, I streamed it online.”
The mystery as to why a Calgary-based hotel didn’t show the Flames game remains unsolved.
As for Schneider, he said he’s feeling better and should return to the Canucks’ net on Saturday in Colorado.
“They are trying to get a lot of fluids in me and all that stuff,” he explained. “My energy level is better overall. Another day off today more or less and a practice tomorrow to see where I am at.”
Schneider, who’d made 11 straight appearances prior to Wednesday, spent the night listening to Roberto Luongo stop 40 of 41 shots for just his eighth win of the season.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 19
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 6
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 15
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 11
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4