Apr 11, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
As if missing Wednesday’s 4-1 win over Calgary with the flu wasn’t bad enough, Canucks goalie Cory Schneider couldn’t even watch the thing.
Banished to his hotel room for the evening, Schneider settled into to catch the game on TV — only it wasn’t on TV.
“I couldn’t watch the game because the hotel didn’t play the Flames’ game,” Schneider told the Vancouver Sun. “They played the Oilers’ game — 7:30 rolled around and they are going to Rexall Place and I’m like, ‘you’ve got to be kidding me.’
“[So] I listened to it on the radio, I streamed it online.”
The mystery as to why a Calgary-based hotel didn’t show the Flames game remains unsolved.
As for Schneider, he said he’s feeling better and should return to the Canucks’ net on Saturday in Colorado.
“They are trying to get a lot of fluids in me and all that stuff,” he explained. “My energy level is better overall. Another day off today more or less and a practice tomorrow to see where I am at.”
Schneider, who’d made 11 straight appearances prior to Wednesday, spent the night listening to Roberto Luongo stop 40 of 41 shots for just his eighth win of the season.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)