Apr 11, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
Canucks forward Chris Higgins has a mild knee strain and should be back in Vancouver’s lineup in a couple of weeks (and, more importantly, in time for the playoffs.)
Defenseman Chris Tanev may be out longer with an ankle injury, however.
That’s the word from Canucks coach Alain Vigneault, according to the Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer.
This morning, general manager Mike Gillis expressed hope that Tanev’s injury wouldn’t keep him out action too long. The steady 23-year-old is one of just two right-handed shots on Vancouver’s blue line, with Kevin Bieksa being the other.
The Canucks — thanks to a strong effort from surprise starter Roberto Luongo — won their fourth straight last night, beating Calgary, 4-1, despite being outshout 41-29 by the Flames.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 29
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 46
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 16
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 32
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 49
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 48
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)