Apr 11, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
Canucks forward Chris Higgins has a mild knee strain and should be back in Vancouver’s lineup in a couple of weeks (and, more importantly, in time for the playoffs.)
Defenseman Chris Tanev may be out longer with an ankle injury, however.
That’s the word from Canucks coach Alain Vigneault, according to the Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer.
This morning, general manager Mike Gillis expressed hope that Tanev’s injury wouldn’t keep him out action too long. The steady 23-year-old is one of just two right-handed shots on Vancouver’s blue line, with Kevin Bieksa being the other.
The Canucks — thanks to a strong effort from surprise starter Roberto Luongo — won their fourth straight last night, beating Calgary, 4-1, despite being outshout 41-29 by the Flames.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7