Apr 11, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
Canucks forward Chris Higgins has a mild knee strain and should be back in Vancouver’s lineup in a couple of weeks (and, more importantly, in time for the playoffs.)
Defenseman Chris Tanev may be out longer with an ankle injury, however.
That’s the word from Canucks coach Alain Vigneault, according to the Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer.
This morning, general manager Mike Gillis expressed hope that Tanev’s injury wouldn’t keep him out action too long. The steady 23-year-old is one of just two right-handed shots on Vancouver’s blue line, with Kevin Bieksa being the other.
The Canucks — thanks to a strong effort from surprise starter Roberto Luongo — won their fourth straight last night, beating Calgary, 4-1, despite being outshout 41-29 by the Flames.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)