Apr 11, 2013, 10:37 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens became the second team in the Eastern Conference to clinch a playoff spot, doing so with a decisive 5-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday.
The score is typically the prime indicator of which team was better, but if your not convinced, here’s the final shot total: 42-15 for Montreal.
The Sabres, well, they held a closed-door meeting at the end of the game, as per numerous reports on Twitter.
The doors did eventually open for the media, seeking answers. Here’s a notable quote from Ott.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)