Apr 11, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens became the second team in the Eastern Conference to clinch a playoff spot, doing so with a decisive 5-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday.
The score is typically the prime indicator of which team was better, but if your not convinced, here’s the final shot total: 42-15 for Montreal.
The Sabres, well, they held a closed-door meeting at the end of the game, as per numerous reports on Twitter.
The doors did eventually open for the media, seeking answers. Here’s a notable quote from Ott.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)