Apr 11, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens became the second team in the Eastern Conference to clinch a playoff spot, doing so with a decisive 5-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday.
The score is typically the prime indicator of which team was better, but if your not convinced, here’s the final shot total: 42-15 for Montreal.
The Sabres, well, they held a closed-door meeting at the end of the game, as per numerous reports on Twitter.
The doors did eventually open for the media, seeking answers. Here’s a notable quote from Ott.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)