Apr 11, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens became the second team in the Eastern Conference to clinch a playoff spot, doing so with a decisive 5-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday.
The score is typically the prime indicator of which team was better, but if your not convinced, here’s the final shot total: 42-15 for Montreal.
The Sabres, well, they held a closed-door meeting at the end of the game, as per numerous reports on Twitter.
The doors did eventually open for the media, seeking answers. Here’s a notable quote from Ott.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 4
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 8
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)