Apr 11, 2013, 10:37 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens became the second team in the Eastern Conference to clinch a playoff spot, doing so with a decisive 5-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday.
The score is typically the prime indicator of which team was better, but if your not convinced, here’s the final shot total: 42-15 for Montreal.
The Sabres, well, they held a closed-door meeting at the end of the game, as per numerous reports on Twitter.
The doors did eventually open for the media, seeking answers. Here’s a notable quote from Ott.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)