Apr 11, 2013, 11:07 AM EST
Good news out of Boston, as Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron (concussion) was able to take the ice this morning for a skate.
Courtesy the team’s Instagram feed:
Yesterday, Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said that Bergeron had been working out and was on the “road to recovery.”
Marchand was forced to leave last night’s game versus the Devils after taking an elbow to the head from New Jersey defenseman Anton Volchenkov.
The B’s host the Islanders tonight.
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 6
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 27
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Varlamov expected to enter plea on Jan. 22 7
- Malkin named NHL’s first star for second straight week 9
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Red Wings challenge division-leading Bruins (32)