Apr 10, 2013, 4:24 PM EST
Some more good news out of Minnesota today regarding the healthy of goalie Josh Harding.
Hardin, who hasn’t played since Feb 7. due to complications with multiple sclerosis — which he was diagnosed with last fall — returned to practice on Wednesday.
Here’s video of his post-practice scrum, courtesy the Wild website:
Harding was supposed to dress for a game against the Canucks on Feb. 12 but, prior to, informed the club he wasn’t feeling right.
“Just lately been feeling a bit off and we kind of knew this was a possibility,” he told NHL.com. “I’m not going to get into too many details about it right now.
“I’m a little off and the decision was made to take this one [game] off and take care of it right now.”
The Wild called up Darcy Kuemper from AHL Houston to play against Vancouver, and proceeded to put Harding on injured reserve.
Harding’s return to the ice comes at an interesting time.
The Wild dealt goaltending prospect Matt Hackett to Buffalo in the Jason Pominville trade and have been backing up starter Niklas Backstrom with Kuemper, who is also a talented prospect but lacks big-league experience (he has just five NHL games on his resume).
Harding provided solid backup netminding a year ago, posting a 13-12-4 record with a .912 save percentage and 2.62 GAA for the Wild, earning him a three-year, $5.7 million extension.
That said, there’s still no timetable for his return.
“We’re just gonna kinda take it day to day,” Harding explained. “Right now there’s absolutely nothing negative to this whole situation. I go day to day feeling great, and am just excited to be back.”
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 10
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4