Apr 10, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
Some more good news out of Minnesota today regarding the healthy of goalie Josh Harding.
Hardin, who hasn’t played since Feb 7. due to complications with multiple sclerosis — which he was diagnosed with last fall — returned to practice on Wednesday.
Here’s video of his post-practice scrum, courtesy the Wild website:
Harding was supposed to dress for a game against the Canucks on Feb. 12 but, prior to, informed the club he wasn’t feeling right.
“Just lately been feeling a bit off and we kind of knew this was a possibility,” he told NHL.com. “I’m not going to get into too many details about it right now.
“I’m a little off and the decision was made to take this one [game] off and take care of it right now.”
The Wild called up Darcy Kuemper from AHL Houston to play against Vancouver, and proceeded to put Harding on injured reserve.
Harding’s return to the ice comes at an interesting time.
The Wild dealt goaltending prospect Matt Hackett to Buffalo in the Jason Pominville trade and have been backing up starter Niklas Backstrom with Kuemper, who is also a talented prospect but lacks big-league experience (he has just five NHL games on his resume).
Harding provided solid backup netminding a year ago, posting a 13-12-4 record with a .912 save percentage and 2.62 GAA for the Wild, earning him a three-year, $5.7 million extension.
That said, there’s still no timetable for his return.
“We’re just gonna kinda take it day to day,” Harding explained. “Right now there’s absolutely nothing negative to this whole situation. I go day to day feeling great, and am just excited to be back.”
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 5
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)