Apr 10, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
The Stars won their third straight on Tuesday, hammering the defending Stanley Cup champs, 5-1, at the American Airlines Center.
With the win, Dallas moved to within two points of eighth-place Detroit in the Western Conference standings, with both teams having nine games left on their schedules.
Over at Sports Club Stats, the Stars are being given a 22.1 percent shot of making the playoffs. A week ago, their odds were 3.0 percent.
Granted, while a two-point deficit in the standings doesn’t sound like much, the Stars have a very tough finish ahead of them. Of their nine remaining games, seven are against playoff teams.
There’s also the health of starting goalie Kari Lehtonen to be concerned about. The 29-year-old was forced to leave last night’s game with a “mild” lower-body injury and will be reassessed today.
Backup Richard Bachman played well in relief of Lehtonen, stopping all 22 Los Angeles shots he faced.
“It was fun playing again, that’s for sure,” said Bachman. “Confidence-wise, it’s huge for me. And more importantly, I hope I gave them some confidence if they need to have me in there, that I can help get the job done.”
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)