Apr 10, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
The Stars won their third straight on Tuesday, hammering the defending Stanley Cup champs, 5-1, at the American Airlines Center.
With the win, Dallas moved to within two points of eighth-place Detroit in the Western Conference standings, with both teams having nine games left on their schedules.
Over at Sports Club Stats, the Stars are being given a 22.1 percent shot of making the playoffs. A week ago, their odds were 3.0 percent.
Granted, while a two-point deficit in the standings doesn’t sound like much, the Stars have a very tough finish ahead of them. Of their nine remaining games, seven are against playoff teams.
There’s also the health of starting goalie Kari Lehtonen to be concerned about. The 29-year-old was forced to leave last night’s game with a “mild” lower-body injury and will be reassessed today.
Backup Richard Bachman played well in relief of Lehtonen, stopping all 22 Los Angeles shots he faced.
“It was fun playing again, that’s for sure,” said Bachman. “Confidence-wise, it’s huge for me. And more importantly, I hope I gave them some confidence if they need to have me in there, that I can help get the job done.”
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)