Apr 10, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues forward T.J. Oshie has been sidelined since March 28 with a lower-body injury, but he’s making nice progress, even if it doesn’t look pretty.
Oshie seemed to struggle a bit skating in his second straight practice with the team, but head coach Ken Hitchcock explained to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he wasn’t lumbering for injury reasons.
“It’s more the comfort of the way the boot fits,” Hitchcock said. “He can’t get it to where it’s flexible enough. It’s like he’s gone from practicing in skates to practicing in ski boots. I still think we’re days away (from Oshie playing) and we just have to keep building it up. But today was his best day period because he was able to do all the tight-turn drills that we need him to do. What he’s not able to do is do some of the pivot stuff because the boot’s so stiff.”
On the bright side, Blues announcers can now use the phrase “ski boots” for shorthand if the 26-year-old is looking sluggish on certain nights. That has to count for something.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)