Apr 10, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Kari Lehtonen is hurt yet again (he’s day-to-day with a lower-body injury), so the Dallas Stars recalled Cristopher Nilstorp to pair with Richard Bachman for however long the Finnish workhorse is out.
The Stars surprised some by making Nilstorp (pictured dramatically) the team’s backup instead of Bachman earlier in the season, but the two have produced similar results.
By that we mean that there’s usually a significant drop-off between Lehtonen and whoever else takes over in net. For a team that at least placed itself back into the playoff discussion – even with long odds – losing their 29-year-old workhorse even for a few games could be fatal for those dreams.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)