Apr 10, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Kari Lehtonen is hurt yet again (he’s day-to-day with a lower-body injury), so the Dallas Stars recalled Cristopher Nilstorp to pair with Richard Bachman for however long the Finnish workhorse is out.
The Stars surprised some by making Nilstorp (pictured dramatically) the team’s backup instead of Bachman earlier in the season, but the two have produced similar results.
By that we mean that there’s usually a significant drop-off between Lehtonen and whoever else takes over in net. For a team that at least placed itself back into the playoff discussion – even with long odds – losing their 29-year-old workhorse even for a few games could be fatal for those dreams.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)