Apr 10, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Kari Lehtonen is hurt yet again (he’s day-to-day with a lower-body injury), so the Dallas Stars recalled Cristopher Nilstorp to pair with Richard Bachman for however long the Finnish workhorse is out.
The Stars surprised some by making Nilstorp (pictured dramatically) the team’s backup instead of Bachman earlier in the season, but the two have produced similar results.
By that we mean that there’s usually a significant drop-off between Lehtonen and whoever else takes over in net. For a team that at least placed itself back into the playoff discussion – even with long odds – losing their 29-year-old workhorse even for a few games could be fatal for those dreams.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturay 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)