Apr 10, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
Before Buffalo suffered a 4-1 loss to the Jets in Winnipeg, the 30-year-old forward expanded on his viewpoint and shared his fear that the booing might hurt the Sabres’ ability to attract unrestricted free agents.
“If I’m a UFA guy or trying to attract players, there’s nothing better than coming into a building knowing, ‘Wow, this is a fun place to play.’ And that’s obviously concerning in the aspect of UFAs and trying to attract the right players into the Buffalo Sabres,” Ott told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
At the same time, Ott hasn’t soured to the team or Sabres fans.
“The reason why I care so much is because I have desire to be a Buffalo Sabre for a long time,” Ott said. “I don’t want to go anywhere.”
Ott also shares and loves the fans’ passion.
“I think it’s great they show they care,” Ott said. “Obviously, just looking for that positive atmosphere in that arena. There’s a lot of great factors, things to be proud of getting closer to that playoff spot.”
Buffalo will return home for a game against Montreal on Thursday.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 1
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 33
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)