Apr 10, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
Before Buffalo suffered a 4-1 loss to the Jets in Winnipeg, the 30-year-old forward expanded on his viewpoint and shared his fear that the booing might hurt the Sabres’ ability to attract unrestricted free agents.
“If I’m a UFA guy or trying to attract players, there’s nothing better than coming into a building knowing, ‘Wow, this is a fun place to play.’ And that’s obviously concerning in the aspect of UFAs and trying to attract the right players into the Buffalo Sabres,” Ott told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
At the same time, Ott hasn’t soured to the team or Sabres fans.
“The reason why I care so much is because I have desire to be a Buffalo Sabre for a long time,” Ott said. “I don’t want to go anywhere.”
Ott also shares and loves the fans’ passion.
“I think it’s great they show they care,” Ott said. “Obviously, just looking for that positive atmosphere in that arena. There’s a lot of great factors, things to be proud of getting closer to that playoff spot.”
Buffalo will return home for a game against Montreal on Thursday.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)