Apr 10, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
Before Buffalo suffered a 4-1 loss to the Jets in Winnipeg, the 30-year-old forward expanded on his viewpoint and shared his fear that the booing might hurt the Sabres’ ability to attract unrestricted free agents.
“If I’m a UFA guy or trying to attract players, there’s nothing better than coming into a building knowing, ‘Wow, this is a fun place to play.’ And that’s obviously concerning in the aspect of UFAs and trying to attract the right players into the Buffalo Sabres,” Ott told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
At the same time, Ott hasn’t soured to the team or Sabres fans.
“The reason why I care so much is because I have desire to be a Buffalo Sabre for a long time,” Ott said. “I don’t want to go anywhere.”
Ott also shares and loves the fans’ passion.
“I think it’s great they show they care,” Ott said. “Obviously, just looking for that positive atmosphere in that arena. There’s a lot of great factors, things to be proud of getting closer to that playoff spot.”
Buffalo will return home for a game against Montreal on Thursday.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 33
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 86
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (86)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)