Apr 10, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
Before Buffalo suffered a 4-1 loss to the Jets in Winnipeg, the 30-year-old forward expanded on his viewpoint and shared his fear that the booing might hurt the Sabres’ ability to attract unrestricted free agents.
“If I’m a UFA guy or trying to attract players, there’s nothing better than coming into a building knowing, ‘Wow, this is a fun place to play.’ And that’s obviously concerning in the aspect of UFAs and trying to attract the right players into the Buffalo Sabres,” Ott told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
At the same time, Ott hasn’t soured to the team or Sabres fans.
“The reason why I care so much is because I have desire to be a Buffalo Sabre for a long time,” Ott said. “I don’t want to go anywhere.”
Ott also shares and loves the fans’ passion.
“I think it’s great they show they care,” Ott said. “Obviously, just looking for that positive atmosphere in that arena. There’s a lot of great factors, things to be proud of getting closer to that playoff spot.”
Buffalo will return home for a game against Montreal on Thursday.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)