Apr 10, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
“Makeshift” is probably the best way to describe Calgary’s forward group right now.
Already without the services of of Jarome Iginla (traded), Blake Comeau (traded), Paul Byron (wrist) and Brian McGrattan (shoulder), the Flames announced on Wednesday that Jiri Hudler (upper body) and Matt Stajan (ditto) would be out of the lineup tonight when they take on the Canucks.
As for what that leaves? A lot to be desired at center, mostly.
“I’m obviously excited to be back,” Jones said. “I got a chance to go and play a lot in [Abbotsford] but I’m just excited to be back and hopefully finish out the year here.”
Calgary’s currently jockeying for best odds for the No. 1 pick at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, sporting a 14-20-4 record heading into tonight’s action.
Only Florida (13-20-6) and Colorado (12-22-5) are worse, though the Flames put distance between themselves and the Avs on Monday with a 3-1 win at the Pepsi Center.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 2
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 12
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 53
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)