Apr 10, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
“Makeshift” is probably the best way to describe Calgary’s forward group right now.
Already without the services of of Jarome Iginla (traded), Blake Comeau (traded), Paul Byron (wrist) and Brian McGrattan (shoulder), the Flames announced on Wednesday that Jiri Hudler (upper body) and Matt Stajan (ditto) would be out of the lineup tonight when they take on the Canucks.
As for what that leaves? A lot to be desired at center, mostly.
“I’m obviously excited to be back,” Jones said. “I got a chance to go and play a lot in [Abbotsford] but I’m just excited to be back and hopefully finish out the year here.”
Calgary’s currently jockeying for best odds for the No. 1 pick at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, sporting a 14-20-4 record heading into tonight’s action.
Only Florida (13-20-6) and Colorado (12-22-5) are worse, though the Flames put distance between themselves and the Avs on Monday with a 3-1 win at the Pepsi Center.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7