Apr 10, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
“Makeshift” is probably the best way to describe Calgary’s forward group right now.
Already without the services of of Jarome Iginla (traded), Blake Comeau (traded), Paul Byron (wrist) and Brian McGrattan (shoulder), the Flames announced on Wednesday that Jiri Hudler (upper body) and Matt Stajan (ditto) would be out of the lineup tonight when they take on the Canucks.
As for what that leaves? A lot to be desired at center, mostly.
“I’m obviously excited to be back,” Jones said. “I got a chance to go and play a lot in [Abbotsford] but I’m just excited to be back and hopefully finish out the year here.”
Calgary’s currently jockeying for best odds for the No. 1 pick at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, sporting a 14-20-4 record heading into tonight’s action.
Only Florida (13-20-6) and Colorado (12-22-5) are worse, though the Flames put distance between themselves and the Avs on Monday with a 3-1 win at the Pepsi Center.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25