Apr 10, 2013, 1:38 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets got the two points they needed. But defenseman Tobias Enstrom is now listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury after he was drilled hard into the boards.
Enstrom previously missed 19 games already this season with a shoulder injury.
Jets head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Free Press: “…it just seized up. It’s just something that happens when you put stress on muscles.”
Jets forward Bryan Little also left the game after taking a puck to the hand, but he did return.
The Jets scored three times in the second period and defeated the Sabres 4-1 to remain in the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. Andrew Ladd, who hadn’t scored in 13 games prior to Tuesday, added the final goal of the second period for Winnipeg.
The Jets are still ninth in the East, and two points back of the Washington Capitals for the Southeast Division lead, however they are tied with the eighth-place New York Rangers in points with 42.
“There’s obviously a better feeling in the room here,” Ladd told NHL.com.
“I think that’s the main thing, to get that feeling of winning hockey games and feeling good about ourselves in this room – winning games is the ultimate cure to that. I think we like what we’ve done in the last two games, but there’s a long way to go here, and we’ve got to keep our foot on the pedal.”
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 1
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 17
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)