Apr 10, 2013, 1:38 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets got the two points they needed. But defenseman Tobias Enstrom is now listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury after he was drilled hard into the boards.
Enstrom previously missed 19 games already this season with a shoulder injury.
Jets head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Free Press: “…it just seized up. It’s just something that happens when you put stress on muscles.”
Jets forward Bryan Little also left the game after taking a puck to the hand, but he did return.
The Jets scored three times in the second period and defeated the Sabres 4-1 to remain in the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. Andrew Ladd, who hadn’t scored in 13 games prior to Tuesday, added the final goal of the second period for Winnipeg.
The Jets are still ninth in the East, and two points back of the Washington Capitals for the Southeast Division lead, however they are tied with the eighth-place New York Rangers in points with 42.
“There’s obviously a better feeling in the room here,” Ladd told NHL.com.
“I think that’s the main thing, to get that feeling of winning hockey games and feeling good about ourselves in this room – winning games is the ultimate cure to that. I think we like what we’ve done in the last two games, but there’s a long way to go here, and we’ve got to keep our foot on the pedal.”
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 17
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 68
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Patrick Kane (fractured clavicle) out 12 weeks after surgery 41
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)