Apr 10, 2013, 1:38 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets got the two points they needed. But defenseman Tobias Enstrom is now listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury after he was drilled hard into the boards.
Enstrom previously missed 19 games already this season with a shoulder injury.
Jets head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Free Press: “…it just seized up. It’s just something that happens when you put stress on muscles.”
Jets forward Bryan Little also left the game after taking a puck to the hand, but he did return.
The Jets scored three times in the second period and defeated the Sabres 4-1 to remain in the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. Andrew Ladd, who hadn’t scored in 13 games prior to Tuesday, added the final goal of the second period for Winnipeg.
The Jets are still ninth in the East, and two points back of the Washington Capitals for the Southeast Division lead, however they are tied with the eighth-place New York Rangers in points with 42.
“There’s obviously a better feeling in the room here,” Ladd told NHL.com.
“I think that’s the main thing, to get that feeling of winning hockey games and feeling good about ourselves in this room – winning games is the ultimate cure to that. I think we like what we’ve done in the last two games, but there’s a long way to go here, and we’ve got to keep our foot on the pedal.”
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)