Apr 10, 2013, 1:38 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets got the two points they needed. But defenseman Tobias Enstrom is now listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury after he was drilled hard into the boards.
Enstrom previously missed 19 games already this season with a shoulder injury.
Jets head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Free Press: “…it just seized up. It’s just something that happens when you put stress on muscles.”
Jets forward Bryan Little also left the game after taking a puck to the hand, but he did return.
The Jets scored three times in the second period and defeated the Sabres 4-1 to remain in the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. Andrew Ladd, who hadn’t scored in 13 games prior to Tuesday, added the final goal of the second period for Winnipeg.
The Jets are still ninth in the East, and two points back of the Washington Capitals for the Southeast Division lead, however they are tied with the eighth-place New York Rangers in points with 42.
“There’s obviously a better feeling in the room here,” Ladd told NHL.com.
“I think that’s the main thing, to get that feeling of winning hockey games and feeling good about ourselves in this room – winning games is the ultimate cure to that. I think we like what we’ve done in the last two games, but there’s a long way to go here, and we’ve got to keep our foot on the pedal.”
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11