Apr 10, 2013, 1:38 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets got the two points they needed. But defenseman Tobias Enstrom is now listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury after he was drilled hard into the boards.
Enstrom previously missed 19 games already this season with a shoulder injury.
Jets head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Free Press: “…it just seized up. It’s just something that happens when you put stress on muscles.”
Jets forward Bryan Little also left the game after taking a puck to the hand, but he did return.
The Jets scored three times in the second period and defeated the Sabres 4-1 to remain in the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. Andrew Ladd, who hadn’t scored in 13 games prior to Tuesday, added the final goal of the second period for Winnipeg.
The Jets are still ninth in the East, and two points back of the Washington Capitals for the Southeast Division lead, however they are tied with the eighth-place New York Rangers in points with 42.
“There’s obviously a better feeling in the room here,” Ladd told NHL.com.
“I think that’s the main thing, to get that feeling of winning hockey games and feeling good about ourselves in this room – winning games is the ultimate cure to that. I think we like what we’ve done in the last two games, but there’s a long way to go here, and we’ve got to keep our foot on the pedal.”
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)