Apr 10, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf says he “felt good” at the Ducks’ morning skate; however, he wasn’t ready to announce his return to lineup for tonight’s home game versus Colorado.
“We’ll know that come puck drop,” he said, per NHL.com. “I don’t know that yet. I don’t have answer for you again. To be honest, I don’t have answer.”
Getlzaf has missed the last three games with a leg injury. The 27-year-old has 13 goals and 30 assists in 37 games — his 43 points ranking him seventh in league scoring.
The Ducks have won five of their last seven — a solid stretch that comes on the heels of a four-game losing streak.
If Getzlaf doesn’t play tonight, his next opportunity will be Saturday in Los Angeles.
Anaheim is all but certain to finish second in the Western Conference, so no need to rush one of their stars back.
“He would only play if he’s 100 percent,” coach Bruce Boudreau said. “That’s the way it is. But you’ve got to rely on him telling you that’s the case.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)