Apr 10, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf says he “felt good” at the Ducks’ morning skate; however, he wasn’t ready to announce his return to lineup for tonight’s home game versus Colorado.
“We’ll know that come puck drop,” he said, per NHL.com. “I don’t know that yet. I don’t have answer for you again. To be honest, I don’t have answer.”
Getlzaf has missed the last three games with a leg injury. The 27-year-old has 13 goals and 30 assists in 37 games — his 43 points ranking him seventh in league scoring.
The Ducks have won five of their last seven — a solid stretch that comes on the heels of a four-game losing streak.
If Getzlaf doesn’t play tonight, his next opportunity will be Saturday in Los Angeles.
Anaheim is all but certain to finish second in the Western Conference, so no need to rush one of their stars back.
“He would only play if he’s 100 percent,” coach Bruce Boudreau said. “That’s the way it is. But you’ve got to rely on him telling you that’s the case.”
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)