Apr 10, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf says he “felt good” at the Ducks’ morning skate; however, he wasn’t ready to announce his return to lineup for tonight’s home game versus Colorado.
“We’ll know that come puck drop,” he said, per NHL.com. “I don’t know that yet. I don’t have answer for you again. To be honest, I don’t have answer.”
Getlzaf has missed the last three games with a leg injury. The 27-year-old has 13 goals and 30 assists in 37 games — his 43 points ranking him seventh in league scoring.
The Ducks have won five of their last seven — a solid stretch that comes on the heels of a four-game losing streak.
If Getzlaf doesn’t play tonight, his next opportunity will be Saturday in Los Angeles.
Anaheim is all but certain to finish second in the Western Conference, so no need to rush one of their stars back.
“He would only play if he’s 100 percent,” coach Bruce Boudreau said. “That’s the way it is. But you’ve got to rely on him telling you that’s the case.”
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 23
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)