Apr 10, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf says he “felt good” at the Ducks’ morning skate; however, he wasn’t ready to announce his return to lineup for tonight’s home game versus Colorado.
“We’ll know that come puck drop,” he said, per NHL.com. “I don’t know that yet. I don’t have answer for you again. To be honest, I don’t have answer.”
Getlzaf has missed the last three games with a leg injury. The 27-year-old has 13 goals and 30 assists in 37 games — his 43 points ranking him seventh in league scoring.
The Ducks have won five of their last seven — a solid stretch that comes on the heels of a four-game losing streak.
If Getzlaf doesn’t play tonight, his next opportunity will be Saturday in Los Angeles.
Anaheim is all but certain to finish second in the Western Conference, so no need to rush one of their stars back.
“He would only play if he’s 100 percent,” coach Bruce Boudreau said. “That’s the way it is. But you’ve got to rely on him telling you that’s the case.”
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)