Apr 10, 2013, 4:49 PM EST
Ryan Getzlaf says he “felt good” at the Ducks’ morning skate; however, he wasn’t ready to announce his return to lineup for tonight’s home game versus Colorado.
“We’ll know that come puck drop,” he said, per NHL.com. “I don’t know that yet. I don’t have answer for you again. To be honest, I don’t have answer.”
Getlzaf has missed the last three games with a leg injury. The 27-year-old has 13 goals and 30 assists in 37 games — his 43 points ranking him seventh in league scoring.
The Ducks have won five of their last seven — a solid stretch that comes on the heels of a four-game losing streak.
If Getzlaf doesn’t play tonight, his next opportunity will be Saturday in Los Angeles.
Anaheim is all but certain to finish second in the Western Conference, so no need to rush one of their stars back.
“He would only play if he’s 100 percent,” coach Bruce Boudreau said. “That’s the way it is. But you’ve got to rely on him telling you that’s the case.”
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5