Apr 10, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
While the New Jersey Devils have made a game of things after falling behind 4-0 against the Boston Bruins on Wednesday, it’s been a painful night. Just ask Bryce Salvador.
He was burned by Jaromir Jagr‘s line on the first goal of the game and then appeared to hurt his right hand blocking a Zdeno Chara shot. There’s nothing official yet, but The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti expects Salvador to miss the Devils’ next game.
The 37-year-old blueliner has zero goals and two assists in 38 games this season after his shocking 2012 playoff run of 14 points in 24 contests.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)