Apr 10, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
For 11 straight games, the Vancouver Canucks turned to Cory Schneider in net. That seemed like it would continue as Roberto Luongo seemed to suffer a minor hand injury a few days ago, but Luongo will get the start against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday instead.
It turns out that Schneider is under the weather with flu-like symptoms, so the team begs fans not to “panic.”
(Don’t push the panic button. Schneider has the flu.)
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) April 10, 2013
Luongo will be backed up by Dustin Butler of the University of Calgary Dinos.*
Luongo last played on March 30 after Schneider was pulled quickly. He’s 7-4-3 with a .904 save percentage and 2.44 GAA this season.
* – Yeah, that’s pretty awesome.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50