Apr 10, 2013, 7:26 PM EST
For 11 straight games, the Vancouver Canucks turned to Cory Schneider in net. That seemed like it would continue as Roberto Luongo seemed to suffer a minor hand injury a few days ago, but Luongo will get the start against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday instead.
It turns out that Schneider is under the weather with flu-like symptoms, so the team begs fans not to “panic.”
(Don’t push the panic button. Schneider has the flu.)
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) April 10, 2013
Luongo will be backed up by Dustin Butler of the University of Calgary Dinos.*
Luongo last played on March 30 after Schneider was pulled quickly. He’s 7-4-3 with a .904 save percentage and 2.44 GAA this season.
* – Yeah, that’s pretty awesome.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 3
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2