Apr 10, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
For 11 straight games, the Vancouver Canucks turned to Cory Schneider in net. That seemed like it would continue as Roberto Luongo seemed to suffer a minor hand injury a few days ago, but Luongo will get the start against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday instead.
It turns out that Schneider is under the weather with flu-like symptoms, so the team begs fans not to “panic.”
(Don’t push the panic button. Schneider has the flu.)
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) April 10, 2013
Luongo will be backed up by Dustin Butler of the University of Calgary Dinos.*
Luongo last played on March 30 after Schneider was pulled quickly. He’s 7-4-3 with a .904 save percentage and 2.44 GAA this season.
* – Yeah, that’s pretty awesome.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 17
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)