Apr 10, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
For 11 straight games, the Vancouver Canucks turned to Cory Schneider in net. That seemed like it would continue as Roberto Luongo seemed to suffer a minor hand injury a few days ago, but Luongo will get the start against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday instead.
It turns out that Schneider is under the weather with flu-like symptoms, so the team begs fans not to “panic.”
(Don’t push the panic button. Schneider has the flu.)
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) April 10, 2013
Luongo will be backed up by Dustin Butler of the University of Calgary Dinos.*
Luongo last played on March 30 after Schneider was pulled quickly. He’s 7-4-3 with a .904 save percentage and 2.44 GAA this season.
* – Yeah, that’s pretty awesome.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)