Apr 10, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
For 11 straight games, the Vancouver Canucks turned to Cory Schneider in net. That seemed like it would continue as Roberto Luongo seemed to suffer a minor hand injury a few days ago, but Luongo will get the start against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday instead.
It turns out that Schneider is under the weather with flu-like symptoms, so the team begs fans not to “panic.”
(Don’t push the panic button. Schneider has the flu.)
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) April 10, 2013
Luongo will be backed up by Dustin Butler of the University of Calgary Dinos.*
Luongo last played on March 30 after Schneider was pulled quickly. He’s 7-4-3 with a .904 save percentage and 2.44 GAA this season.
* – Yeah, that’s pretty awesome.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 23
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 50
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)