Apr 10, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
For 11 straight games, the Vancouver Canucks turned to Cory Schneider in net. That seemed like it would continue as Roberto Luongo seemed to suffer a minor hand injury a few days ago, but Luongo will get the start against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday instead.
It turns out that Schneider is under the weather with flu-like symptoms, so the team begs fans not to “panic.”
(Don’t push the panic button. Schneider has the flu.)
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) April 10, 2013
Luongo will be backed up by Dustin Butler of the University of Calgary Dinos.*
Luongo last played on March 30 after Schneider was pulled quickly. He’s 7-4-3 with a .904 save percentage and 2.44 GAA this season.
* – Yeah, that’s pretty awesome.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 0
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 13
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10