Apr 10, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Some good news for the Bruins on Wednesday, courtesy general manager Peter Chiarelli — concussed center Patrice Bergeron has resumed workouts and is rehabbing his injury.
“I’ve met with Patrice. He’s been working out,” Chiarelli told 98.5 The Sports Hub (by way of CSNNE.com). “He’s on his road to recovery, so it looks good.”
Bergeron, 27, was injured last week after absorbing a Colin Greening hit during a 3-2 win over Ottawa.
He’s since missed three games (against the Devils, Habs and ‘Canes) and won’t be available this evening when the Bruins travel to New Jersey to take on the Devils (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
The concern level for Bergeron within the Bruins organization is high, given his concussion history.
The reigning Selke winner missed nearly the entire 2007-08 season after suffering a concussion on a hit from then-Flyers defenseman Randy Jones.
Bergeron also suffered a concussion during the 2011 Eastern Conference semifinals, which forced him to miss a pair of playoff games — though, as pointed out by CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty, Bergeron only missed 12 days all told with the ailment.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)