Apr 9, 2013, 11:57 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin continues his scoring ways and the Washington Capitals continue their winning ways. It’s no coincidence those two things are connected.
The Capitals won again Tuesday – their fifth consecutive victory – with a 3-2 effort over the Montreal Canadiens. And it was vintage Ovechkin, as he scored for the sixth time in the last three games. He’s now up to 26 goals on the season, which puts him into a tie with Steven Stamkos of the Tampa Bay Lightning for the league lead in that category.
The Capitals have gone 8-1-1 in their last games and are two points ahead of the Winnipeg Jets for the top spot in the Southeast Division.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)