Apr 9, 2013, 11:57 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin continues his scoring ways and the Washington Capitals continue their winning ways. It’s no coincidence those two things are connected.
The Capitals won again Tuesday – their fifth consecutive victory – with a 3-2 effort over the Montreal Canadiens. And it was vintage Ovechkin, as he scored for the sixth time in the last three games. He’s now up to 26 goals on the season, which puts him into a tie with Steven Stamkos of the Tampa Bay Lightning for the league lead in that category.
The Capitals have gone 8-1-1 in their last games and are two points ahead of the Winnipeg Jets for the top spot in the Southeast Division.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)