Apr 9, 2013, 11:57 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin continues his scoring ways and the Washington Capitals continue their winning ways. It’s no coincidence those two things are connected.
The Capitals won again Tuesday – their fifth consecutive victory – with a 3-2 effort over the Montreal Canadiens. And it was vintage Ovechkin, as he scored for the sixth time in the last three games. He’s now up to 26 goals on the season, which puts him into a tie with Steven Stamkos of the Tampa Bay Lightning for the league lead in that category.
The Capitals have gone 8-1-1 in their last games and are two points ahead of the Winnipeg Jets for the top spot in the Southeast Division.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7