Apr 9, 2013, 11:57 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin continues his scoring ways and the Washington Capitals continue their winning ways. It’s no coincidence those two things are connected.
The Capitals won again Tuesday – their fifth consecutive victory – with a 3-2 effort over the Montreal Canadiens. And it was vintage Ovechkin, as he scored for the sixth time in the last three games. He’s now up to 26 goals on the season, which puts him into a tie with Steven Stamkos of the Tampa Bay Lightning for the league lead in that category.
The Capitals have gone 8-1-1 in their last games and are two points ahead of the Winnipeg Jets for the top spot in the Southeast Division.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)