Apr 9, 2013, 11:57 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin continues his scoring ways and the Washington Capitals continue their winning ways. It’s no coincidence those two things are connected.
The Capitals won again Tuesday – their fifth consecutive victory – with a 3-2 effort over the Montreal Canadiens. And it was vintage Ovechkin, as he scored for the sixth time in the last three games. He’s now up to 26 goals on the season, which puts him into a tie with Steven Stamkos of the Tampa Bay Lightning for the league lead in that category.
The Capitals have gone 8-1-1 in their last games and are two points ahead of the Winnipeg Jets for the top spot in the Southeast Division.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 1
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 33
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)