Apr 9, 2013, 8:21 PM EST
Yesterday, we passed along word that Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero wasn’t concerned about Brenden Morrow going goalless in his first six games as a Penguin.
Maybe he knew something we didn’t.
Morrow bumped the slump in Game No. 7, giving Pittsburgh a temporary 2-1 first-period lead against the ‘Canes on Tuesday night:
The goal was set up by another one of Pittsburgh’s recent acquisitions — Jussi Jokinen — who they acquired from Carolina, oddly enough.
(Carolina would tie the score at two later in the period on a Bobby Sanguinetti goal.)
Heading into tonight’s action, Morrow didn’t seem overly concerned about his goal drought, which was at 12 games.
“Of course, I wish I had already scored,” Morrow told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Throughout my career I just do the simple things and I keep going to the net.
“Eventually, the hockey gods start sending the bounces my way.”
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)