Apr 9, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
Yesterday, we passed along word that Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero wasn’t concerned about Brenden Morrow going goalless in his first six games as a Penguin.
Maybe he knew something we didn’t.
Morrow bumped the slump in Game No. 7, giving Pittsburgh a temporary 2-1 first-period lead against the ‘Canes on Tuesday night:
The goal was set up by another one of Pittsburgh’s recent acquisitions — Jussi Jokinen — who they acquired from Carolina, oddly enough.
(Carolina would tie the score at two later in the period on a Bobby Sanguinetti goal.)
Heading into tonight’s action, Morrow didn’t seem overly concerned about his goal drought, which was at 12 games.
“Of course, I wish I had already scored,” Morrow told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Throughout my career I just do the simple things and I keep going to the net.
“Eventually, the hockey gods start sending the bounces my way.”
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 7
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 17
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)