Apr 9, 2013, 8:21 PM EST
Yesterday, we passed along word that Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero wasn’t concerned about Brenden Morrow going goalless in his first six games as a Penguin.
Maybe he knew something we didn’t.
Morrow bumped the slump in Game No. 7, giving Pittsburgh a temporary 2-1 first-period lead against the ‘Canes on Tuesday night:
The goal was set up by another one of Pittsburgh’s recent acquisitions — Jussi Jokinen — who they acquired from Carolina, oddly enough.
(Carolina would tie the score at two later in the period on a Bobby Sanguinetti goal.)
Heading into tonight’s action, Morrow didn’t seem overly concerned about his goal drought, which was at 12 games.
“Of course, I wish I had already scored,” Morrow told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Throughout my career I just do the simple things and I keep going to the net.
“Eventually, the hockey gods start sending the bounces my way.”
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 145
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (146)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)