Apr 9, 2013, 8:21 PM EST
Yesterday, we passed along word that Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero wasn’t concerned about Brenden Morrow going goalless in his first six games as a Penguin.
Maybe he knew something we didn’t.
Morrow bumped the slump in Game No. 7, giving Pittsburgh a temporary 2-1 first-period lead against the ‘Canes on Tuesday night:
The goal was set up by another one of Pittsburgh’s recent acquisitions — Jussi Jokinen — who they acquired from Carolina, oddly enough.
(Carolina would tie the score at two later in the period on a Bobby Sanguinetti goal.)
Heading into tonight’s action, Morrow didn’t seem overly concerned about his goal drought, which was at 12 games.
“Of course, I wish I had already scored,” Morrow told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Throughout my career I just do the simple things and I keep going to the net.
“Eventually, the hockey gods start sending the bounces my way.”
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)