Apr 9, 2013, 11:08 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks needed only one goal to beat the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday.
That came off the stick of Marian Hossa late in the second period, as the Blackhawks defeated the Wild 1-0. There was no assist given on the goal, although some might argue Wild defenseman Clayton Stoner should get a helper.
Stoner went to make a pass through the middle of the ice, but Hossa picked it off and blasted a slap shot past Niklas Backstrom.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)