Apr 9, 2013, 11:08 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks needed only one goal to beat the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday.
That came off the stick of Marian Hossa late in the second period, as the Blackhawks defeated the Wild 1-0. There was no assist given on the goal, although some might argue Wild defenseman Clayton Stoner should get a helper.
Stoner went to make a pass through the middle of the ice, but Hossa picked it off and blasted a slap shot past Niklas Backstrom.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3