Apr 9, 2013, 1:12 AM EDT
With a power play in tow and a 1-0 deficit, the Phoenix Coyotes decided to improve their odds of tying things up by going 6-on-4 late in Monday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks. They assumed the risk of a Canucks player scoring an easy goal, but not like this:
Not too surprisingly, the final score ended up being 2-0 in favor of Vancouver.
Dan Hamhuis was credited with the empty-net, shorthanded goal (or ENSHG if you want to be weird), but Antoine Vermette is the one who sent the puck all the way down … and he’s also the guy who will probably want to avoid blooper reels for a while.
At least he’s not alone, though. Enjoy some other bad-luck gaffes in the links below.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 22
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 24
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 11
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 74
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (74)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)