Apr 9, 2013, 1:12 AM EDT
With a power play in tow and a 1-0 deficit, the Phoenix Coyotes decided to improve their odds of tying things up by going 6-on-4 late in Monday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks. They assumed the risk of a Canucks player scoring an easy goal, but not like this:
Not too surprisingly, the final score ended up being 2-0 in favor of Vancouver.
Dan Hamhuis was credited with the empty-net, shorthanded goal (or ENSHG if you want to be weird), but Antoine Vermette is the one who sent the puck all the way down … and he’s also the guy who will probably want to avoid blooper reels for a while.
At least he’s not alone, though. Enjoy some other bad-luck gaffes in the links below.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21