Apr 9, 2013, 1:12 AM EDT
With a power play in tow and a 1-0 deficit, the Phoenix Coyotes decided to improve their odds of tying things up by going 6-on-4 late in Monday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks. They assumed the risk of a Canucks player scoring an easy goal, but not like this:
Not too surprisingly, the final score ended up being 2-0 in favor of Vancouver.
Dan Hamhuis was credited with the empty-net, shorthanded goal (or ENSHG if you want to be weird), but Antoine Vermette is the one who sent the puck all the way down … and he’s also the guy who will probably want to avoid blooper reels for a while.
At least he’s not alone, though. Enjoy some other bad-luck gaffes in the links below.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 0
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 7
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 18
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20