Apr 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Even though the regular season doesn’t end until April 27, the top eight teams in the Western Conference today are likely to stay the top eight teams.
From Sports Club Stats:
If Phoenix, Dallas, Edmonton, Columbus, and Nashville have any hope, it may be the fact the Red Wings have lost four of their last six in regulation.
Detroit also has a tough stretch of games coming up. San Jose is in town Thursday, then the Wings head out on a four-game road trip with stops in Chicago, Nashville, Calgary and Vancouver.
The Wings have made the playoffs 21 straight seasons, by far the longest streak in the NHL. San Jose is next, with eight straight appearances in the postseason.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)