Apr 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
Even though the regular season doesn’t end until April 27, the top eight teams in the Western Conference today are likely to stay the top eight teams.
From Sports Club Stats:
If Phoenix, Dallas, Edmonton, Columbus, and Nashville have any hope, it may be the fact the Red Wings have lost four of their last six in regulation.
Detroit also has a tough stretch of games coming up. San Jose is in town Thursday, then the Wings head out on a four-game road trip with stops in Chicago, Nashville, Calgary and Vancouver.
The Wings have made the playoffs 21 straight seasons, by far the longest streak in the NHL. San Jose is next, with eight straight appearances in the postseason.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)