Apr 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Even though the regular season doesn’t end until April 27, the top eight teams in the Western Conference today are likely to stay the top eight teams.
From Sports Club Stats:
If Phoenix, Dallas, Edmonton, Columbus, and Nashville have any hope, it may be the fact the Red Wings have lost four of their last six in regulation.
Detroit also has a tough stretch of games coming up. San Jose is in town Thursday, then the Wings head out on a four-game road trip with stops in Chicago, Nashville, Calgary and Vancouver.
The Wings have made the playoffs 21 straight seasons, by far the longest streak in the NHL. San Jose is next, with eight straight appearances in the postseason.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25