Apr 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Even though the regular season doesn’t end until April 27, the top eight teams in the Western Conference today are likely to stay the top eight teams.
From Sports Club Stats:
If Phoenix, Dallas, Edmonton, Columbus, and Nashville have any hope, it may be the fact the Red Wings have lost four of their last six in regulation.
Detroit also has a tough stretch of games coming up. San Jose is in town Thursday, then the Wings head out on a four-game road trip with stops in Chicago, Nashville, Calgary and Vancouver.
The Wings have made the playoffs 21 straight seasons, by far the longest streak in the NHL. San Jose is next, with eight straight appearances in the postseason.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 0
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 17
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4