Apr 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Even though the regular season doesn’t end until April 27, the top eight teams in the Western Conference today are likely to stay the top eight teams.
From Sports Club Stats:
If Phoenix, Dallas, Edmonton, Columbus, and Nashville have any hope, it may be the fact the Red Wings have lost four of their last six in regulation.
Detroit also has a tough stretch of games coming up. San Jose is in town Thursday, then the Wings head out on a four-game road trip with stops in Chicago, Nashville, Calgary and Vancouver.
The Wings have made the playoffs 21 straight seasons, by far the longest streak in the NHL. San Jose is next, with eight straight appearances in the postseason.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)