Apr 9, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
Dallas forward Lane MacDermid won’t be in the lineup tonight when the Stars take on the Kings.
Why? Oh nothing, just a small issue with his chest.
You know, coughing up blood.
MacDermid, one of the players that came over from Boston in the Jaromir Jagr trade, scored two goals in his first two games as a Star before getting scratched for Sunday’s 5-4 shootout victory over San Jose.
Today, Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reported that MacDermid was suffering from an upper-body injury that had him, you know, coughing up the blood, which will keep him sidelined indefinitely.
That was followed by head coach Glen Gulutzan’s rather nonchalant explanation:
“He has a little bit of a, I don’t even know how to define it, a little bit of a chest issue here. It’s not serious, but it’s going to keep him out for probably a good week. So we’ll have him looked at again in a week and see where it goes.
“It’s just like a little bruise that he has to let heal. I’m not exactly sure where it is. It’s an upper body. But at the end of the day, he’s coughed up a little bit of blood. He just has to let it heal. And it’s nothing serious. I know that and it’s something that’s lingering.”
Gulutzan also noted MacDermid has “had the same problem” before and that “there’s no rehab or anything like that for it,” which sounds like pretty sage medical expertise.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)