Apr 9, 2013, 7:26 PM EST
Dallas forward Lane MacDermid won’t be in the lineup tonight when the Stars take on the Kings.
Why? Oh nothing, just a small issue with his chest.
You know, coughing up blood.
MacDermid, one of the players that came over from Boston in the Jaromir Jagr trade, scored two goals in his first two games as a Star before getting scratched for Sunday’s 5-4 shootout victory over San Jose.
Today, Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reported that MacDermid was suffering from an upper-body injury that had him, you know, coughing up the blood, which will keep him sidelined indefinitely.
That was followed by head coach Glen Gulutzan’s rather nonchalant explanation:
“He has a little bit of a, I don’t even know how to define it, a little bit of a chest issue here. It’s not serious, but it’s going to keep him out for probably a good week. So we’ll have him looked at again in a week and see where it goes.
“It’s just like a little bruise that he has to let heal. I’m not exactly sure where it is. It’s an upper body. But at the end of the day, he’s coughed up a little bit of blood. He just has to let it heal. And it’s nothing serious. I know that and it’s something that’s lingering.”
Gulutzan also noted MacDermid has “had the same problem” before and that “there’s no rehab or anything like that for it,” which sounds like pretty sage medical expertise.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)