Apr 9, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
Dallas forward Lane MacDermid won’t be in the lineup tonight when the Stars take on the Kings.
Why? Oh nothing, just a small issue with his chest.
You know, coughing up blood.
MacDermid, one of the players that came over from Boston in the Jaromir Jagr trade, scored two goals in his first two games as a Star before getting scratched for Sunday’s 5-4 shootout victory over San Jose.
Today, Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reported that MacDermid was suffering from an upper-body injury that had him, you know, coughing up the blood, which will keep him sidelined indefinitely.
That was followed by head coach Glen Gulutzan’s rather nonchalant explanation:
“He has a little bit of a, I don’t even know how to define it, a little bit of a chest issue here. It’s not serious, but it’s going to keep him out for probably a good week. So we’ll have him looked at again in a week and see where it goes.
“It’s just like a little bruise that he has to let heal. I’m not exactly sure where it is. It’s an upper body. But at the end of the day, he’s coughed up a little bit of blood. He just has to let it heal. And it’s nothing serious. I know that and it’s something that’s lingering.”
Gulutzan also noted MacDermid has “had the same problem” before and that “there’s no rehab or anything like that for it,” which sounds like pretty sage medical expertise.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)