Apr 9, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
Dallas forward Lane MacDermid won’t be in the lineup tonight when the Stars take on the Kings.
Why? Oh nothing, just a small issue with his chest.
You know, coughing up blood.
MacDermid, one of the players that came over from Boston in the Jaromir Jagr trade, scored two goals in his first two games as a Star before getting scratched for Sunday’s 5-4 shootout victory over San Jose.
Today, Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reported that MacDermid was suffering from an upper-body injury that had him, you know, coughing up the blood, which will keep him sidelined indefinitely.
That was followed by head coach Glen Gulutzan’s rather nonchalant explanation:
“He has a little bit of a, I don’t even know how to define it, a little bit of a chest issue here. It’s not serious, but it’s going to keep him out for probably a good week. So we’ll have him looked at again in a week and see where it goes.
“It’s just like a little bruise that he has to let heal. I’m not exactly sure where it is. It’s an upper body. But at the end of the day, he’s coughed up a little bit of blood. He just has to let it heal. And it’s nothing serious. I know that and it’s something that’s lingering.”
Gulutzan also noted MacDermid has “had the same problem” before and that “there’s no rehab or anything like that for it,” which sounds like pretty sage medical expertise.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)