Apr 9, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
Dallas forward Lane MacDermid won’t be in the lineup tonight when the Stars take on the Kings.
Why? Oh nothing, just a small issue with his chest.
You know, coughing up blood.
MacDermid, one of the players that came over from Boston in the Jaromir Jagr trade, scored two goals in his first two games as a Star before getting scratched for Sunday’s 5-4 shootout victory over San Jose.
Today, Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reported that MacDermid was suffering from an upper-body injury that had him, you know, coughing up the blood, which will keep him sidelined indefinitely.
That was followed by head coach Glen Gulutzan’s rather nonchalant explanation:
“He has a little bit of a, I don’t even know how to define it, a little bit of a chest issue here. It’s not serious, but it’s going to keep him out for probably a good week. So we’ll have him looked at again in a week and see where it goes.
“It’s just like a little bruise that he has to let heal. I’m not exactly sure where it is. It’s an upper body. But at the end of the day, he’s coughed up a little bit of blood. He just has to let it heal. And it’s nothing serious. I know that and it’s something that’s lingering.”
Gulutzan also noted MacDermid has “had the same problem” before and that “there’s no rehab or anything like that for it,” which sounds like pretty sage medical expertise.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (94)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)