Apr 9, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators will be shooting on a familiar face tonight in Tampa Bay when they take on their ex-goalie, Ben Bishop, and the Lightning.
More importantly, the Sens will be trying to snap a four-game losing streak at a crucial time in the season.
Bishop was traded (for forward Cory Conacher) at the deadline; however, the tall 26-year-old isn’t making a big deal of playing his former team.
“I think once the puck drops it just goes back to a normal game and I won’t think too much about it,” said Bishop, per NHL.com. “This is the first time I’ve played against my ex-team, so it’s a first for me, but I think that when the puck drops, all those distractions go away.”
Ottawa has just five goals in its last four games, though it certainly hasn’t been for a lack of shooting. The Sens registered 156 shots in those four games, an average of 39 per game.
Despite the losing streak, Ottawa is still fairly comfortably in a playoff position. The Sens are four points up on ninth-place New Jersey, plus they have a game in hand on the Devils.
Another loss tonight, though, and things could get decidedly less comfortable. Ottawa has three games left on its seven-game road trip, including a game Friday in New Jersey.
Craig Anderson will start for the Sens tonight.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)