Apr 9, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators will be shooting on a familiar face tonight in Tampa Bay when they take on their ex-goalie, Ben Bishop, and the Lightning.
More importantly, the Sens will be trying to snap a four-game losing streak at a crucial time in the season.
Bishop was traded (for forward Cory Conacher) at the deadline; however, the tall 26-year-old isn’t making a big deal of playing his former team.
“I think once the puck drops it just goes back to a normal game and I won’t think too much about it,” said Bishop, per NHL.com. “This is the first time I’ve played against my ex-team, so it’s a first for me, but I think that when the puck drops, all those distractions go away.”
Ottawa has just five goals in its last four games, though it certainly hasn’t been for a lack of shooting. The Sens registered 156 shots in those four games, an average of 39 per game.
Despite the losing streak, Ottawa is still fairly comfortably in a playoff position. The Sens are four points up on ninth-place New Jersey, plus they have a game in hand on the Devils.
Another loss tonight, though, and things could get decidedly less comfortable. Ottawa has three games left on its seven-game road trip, including a game Friday in New Jersey.
Craig Anderson will start for the Sens tonight.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)