Apr 9, 2013, 2:34 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators will be shooting on a familiar face tonight in Tampa Bay when they take on their ex-goalie, Ben Bishop, and the Lightning.
More importantly, the Sens will be trying to snap a four-game losing streak at a crucial time in the season.
Bishop was traded (for forward Cory Conacher) at the deadline; however, the tall 26-year-old isn’t making a big deal of playing his former team.
“I think once the puck drops it just goes back to a normal game and I won’t think too much about it,” said Bishop, per NHL.com. “This is the first time I’ve played against my ex-team, so it’s a first for me, but I think that when the puck drops, all those distractions go away.”
Ottawa has just five goals in its last four games, though it certainly hasn’t been for a lack of shooting. The Sens registered 156 shots in those four games, an average of 39 per game.
Despite the losing streak, Ottawa is still fairly comfortably in a playoff position. The Sens are four points up on ninth-place New Jersey, plus they have a game in hand on the Devils.
Another loss tonight, though, and things could get decidedly less comfortable. Ottawa has three games left on its seven-game road trip, including a game Friday in New Jersey.
Craig Anderson will start for the Sens tonight.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 0
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 52
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (52)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)