Apr 9, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks head coach Todd McLellan had a blunt assessment of his team’s performance Tuesday against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Hardly a day at the beach.
The Sharks lost 4-0 to the Blue Jackets, who got to within two points of the eight-place Detroit Red Wings for that final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 30 saves for his fifth shutout of the season, and Marian Gaborik, acquired from the New York Rangers at the trade deadline, had a goal and an assist. In four games with the Blue Jackets, Gaborik has five points. But, back to the point at hand, the comments of McLellan.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)