Apr 9, 2013, 11:28 PM EST
San Jose Sharks head coach Todd McLellan had a blunt assessment of his team’s performance Tuesday against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Hardly a day at the beach.
The Sharks lost 4-0 to the Blue Jackets, who got to within two points of the eight-place Detroit Red Wings for that final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 30 saves for his fifth shutout of the season, and Marian Gaborik, acquired from the New York Rangers at the trade deadline, had a goal and an assist. In four games with the Blue Jackets, Gaborik has five points. But, back to the point at hand, the comments of McLellan.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)