Apr 9, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks head coach Todd McLellan had a blunt assessment of his team’s performance Tuesday against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Hardly a day at the beach.
The Sharks lost 4-0 to the Blue Jackets, who got to within two points of the eight-place Detroit Red Wings for that final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 30 saves for his fifth shutout of the season, and Marian Gaborik, acquired from the New York Rangers at the trade deadline, had a goal and an assist. In four games with the Blue Jackets, Gaborik has five points. But, back to the point at hand, the comments of McLellan.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 14
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)