Apr 9, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks head coach Todd McLellan had a blunt assessment of his team’s performance Tuesday against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Hardly a day at the beach.
The Sharks lost 4-0 to the Blue Jackets, who got to within two points of the eight-place Detroit Red Wings for that final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 30 saves for his fifth shutout of the season, and Marian Gaborik, acquired from the New York Rangers at the trade deadline, had a goal and an assist. In four games with the Blue Jackets, Gaborik has five points. But, back to the point at hand, the comments of McLellan.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 64
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50