Apr 9, 2013, 11:28 PM EST
San Jose Sharks head coach Todd McLellan had a blunt assessment of his team’s performance Tuesday against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Hardly a day at the beach.
The Sharks lost 4-0 to the Blue Jackets, who got to within two points of the eight-place Detroit Red Wings for that final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 30 saves for his fifth shutout of the season, and Marian Gaborik, acquired from the New York Rangers at the trade deadline, had a goal and an assist. In four games with the Blue Jackets, Gaborik has five points. But, back to the point at hand, the comments of McLellan.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 124
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 95
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 107
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (126)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (124)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (106)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (95)