Apr 9, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
Wild forward Dany Heatley is expected to miss the remainder of the regular season and playoffs with a shoulder injury, according to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune.
Heatley, 32, underwent shoulder surgery today after getting hurt during an altercation with San Jose defenseman Marc-Eduouard Vlasic last week.
It was originally though the injury would only sideline Heatley for the rest of the regular season, allowing him to return for the postseason.
More, from Russo:
Heatley underwent surgery this morning at the Cleveland Clinic. [Wild GM Chuck] Fletcher said the hope was that he would miss four or five weeks, but Dr. Tony Miniaci has informed the team that Heatley will likely miss the rest of the season.
Prior to getting hurt, Heatley had appeared in 36 of Minnesota’s 37 games this year, scoring 21 points while sitting third on the team in goals (11). He also averaged 18:32 TOI per game.
The Wild went into Wednesday’s action sitting sixth in the Western Conference, four points back of Vancouver (50) for first place in the Northwest Division.
Here’s the official release from the Wild…
Minnesota Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher announced that forward Dany Heatley underwent successful surgery today on his left shoulder by Dr. Tony Miniaci at the Cleveland Clinic.
Heatley will miss the remainder of this season and is expected to be fully recovered for the start of the 2013-14 campaign.
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 0
- BREAKING: End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 5
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 14
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 6
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 40
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)